Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to suherameheveen

School just closed and I was walking to the parking lot with my friends.

"Our game is in few days, I am so excited" Kim said with excitement. She was always excited about everything. Her kind of person was unique and rare.

"Are you coming to watch the game?" Emma asked

"Hmm...sure" I hesitated.

"Of course you are, why did I ask you that. You really have to be there, I'll kill you if you don't come" Emma threatened while Kim couldn't stop laughing.

"I really don't wanna die now" honestly speaking, not when my love story was yet to begin "so...I will have to be there" I said with a smirk on my lips.

"Good" Emma replied and threw her arm around me.

We finally got to where they both parked their cars, we talked a while before they got into their cars and drove off. I waved and smile as my eyes followed their cars. I looked away and I saw Bryce standing few feet away from me and smiling.

His lip was lifted upward in a way that showed the top row of his teeth, and his teeth were perfectly aligned. The stillness of his eyes and cheeks lightens his face. It was the perfect smile that triggers a sudden spark to rush through my veins. I wondered how long he had been standing there.

He waved at me and started walking towards me.

He was walking with his big shoulders leaning from side to side in his red jacket as he came closer. Captivated by his gorgeous body, I swallowed my saliva and bit my lower lip.

"Hi" I said and smiled.

"Hey, wasup??" He said and gave a broad smile

"I'm good" I replied.

"I've actually been waiting for your friends to leave" I was surprised he had to wait that long for me. He could have just walked up to me to say whether he had to say.

"Hmm...I had the feeling someone was stalking me" I joked as I tucked my hair in.

"Oh yeah?"

"Hmm-hmm" I nodded with a smile

"Dammit! And I thought my stalking game was on point"

"Nah" I laughed. He was cute and to top it up, he was funny.

"Oh now you're laughing, you look good though. Maybe we should start this conversation all over again"

"What?" I asked trying to grab what he meant. He took few steps away from me and then waved at me, his enchanting smile not failing to catch my eyes.

I looked at him with amusement as he began to move closer to me again. What the hell was he doing?

"This is where you say 'Hi'" he said.

"Hi?" I asked, still trying to figure out what he was doing

"Hey, wasup?" He said

Oh! Now I get it.

"I'm good" I said and laughed again but so hard this time "you're funny" I said and all he did was stare at me. Aww

"Hey rabbit, time to go" A stupid voice yelled in my head, ruining the moment.

How could he call me 'rabbit' right now? My brother was annoying and I just couldn't help but hate him everyday.

I turned around and saw my brother walking towards where he parked the car already. He didn't even bother to wait for me, if I didn't leave that instant, Max could drive off without me.

"Uhm...i have to go now" I told Bryce.

"Yea I can see that" He could see that my brother was the evil kind of person that could leave me if I stood another second.

"I'll see ya tomorrow"

"Okay, bye"

"Bye" I said and walked away smiling at myself. I wondered how he always mange to make me smile for no reason. He really had the charm.

When I got home, I sat on my bed as I went through my diary. It was obviously the only thing that kept me happy these days aside from Kent. Everything about Kent excited me just like the diary because I had only written about Kent in it.

Speaking of Kent, I had not seen him since this afternoon. I raised up my head and gave it a thought poking my lips with my pen. It was really unlike him, he would have showed up like he owned my life.

"What are you thinking?" A familiar voice said.

Speaking of the devil

I looked up and Kent was standing right in front of me.

"Nothing" I replied "where have you been?"

"Around, why did you ask? You miss me?" Kent asked with a smirk on his lips

"No way, I just thought..."

"You thought since you're not with your boyfriend, I should come around" he said in a harsh tone

I chuckled "What?" I asked in surprise "what are you saying? What boyfriend?". I was really confused and I wished I understood what he was saying.

"Now you want to pretend you don't know. You're denying your new boyfriend, Bryan?" He asked

"Are you insane?" I yelped. "He's not my boyfriend and his name is Bryce"

"Then explain why he keeps coming around" he demanded. Why did he cared if Bryce was talking to me or not? Was he really jealous of Bryce? It didn't make any sense, he had a girlfriend, why did he have a problem with me talking to another boy?

"I don't know, he's only a friend. Can't I have friends anymore because I can see a ghost?" I raised a brow at him, shoot him the questioning look.

"Well... I really don't like this particular friend of yours" he commented.

"But I do" I raised my brow and pouted my lips

He furrowed his brow, as his face tighten. "No, you don't" he said and his fists clenched until his knuckles whitened. I could feel his anger that moment but that didn't stop me from talking.

"I do, don't speak for me. He's nice, he's funny...and not arrogant and-"

"..and what? You're so naive that you don't even know what is right from what is wrong. How would you know if he's nicer than I am?"

"I never said he's nicer than you are but he is, thanks for reminding me" I said and that was the truth. Bryce was a good person and and he had everything a girl wanted in a boy, in fact he was everything a girl wanted. The looks, the charm and his attitude.

"Stay away from him" he said like he was ordering me. He must had been out of his mind.

"No, you can't tell me what to do" true I raised my brow at him.

"Why not? I'm your friend"

"We're not friends, we're both here because of the situation of things" I said and pretended to be reading my diary.

"Really?"

"Yeah" I said without looking up.

"Fine, suit yourself. I don't care but don't say I didn't warn you" He said and suddenly went mute but I didn't bother to look up. He sat on the bed and kept staring at me. He looked at me with a kind of intense look in his eyes and started moving closer to me.

Oh no! What was he doing? I asked myself.

I swallowed my saliva and tried leaning backward with my eyes closed. Was my first kiss about to happen with a ghost? I really wasn't ready, or maybe I was but not ready that moment.

I closed my eyes so tight waiting for something magical to sweep me away. Suddenly I felt a pull on my diary till I couldn't feel it in my hand.

"Uh" I gasped in shock and opened my eyes, only to find Kent holding my diary tight in his hand.

"Give it back-"

What do you guys think? DO you like it? Please leave comments and likes if you do. Thanks