Chapter~20

As September the first quickly rolled on, Evangeline Lestrange became more excited by the minute to witness the Triwizard tournament, Draco however was particularly grumpy. "Father, why can't you ask Crouch to get me a place? He won't mind!"

"Draco give it a rest, you are too young!" Narcissa snapped.

"Father!" Draco howled, dissapointed, his father sighed.

"Now, now. This competition is far too dangerous, and you have only completed less than half of your wizarding education! When the time comes you shall be allowed, but until then stop moaning!" Lucius warned. "And Crouch will in fact mind!" Draco lost his argument and stormed off to find Evana.

"What's got your wand in an not?" She asked reading a book. Draco huffed.

"They won't let me do the tournament!" He fumed, stomping around the room.

Evana sighed. "Draco, do you meant they as the Ministry of Magic, The Hogwarts Professors and your parents?" Evana said looking up from her book labelled the beedle the bards.

"It's not fair I can compete! I'm talented enough!" He hissed.

"I've read about them, people die. Dragon we are only going into our fourth year, it's far too dangerous. Once people had to tame a Basilisk, you could die." Evana said continuing reading.

"Fine, I won't talk about it anymore you win, why are you reading this anyway?" Draco asked sitting next to Evana.

"I was bored plus I just love this story, I'll read it to you,  There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely, winding road at twilight when they came to a river too deep to ford and too treacherous to swim. Learned in the magical arts, the brothers conjured a bridge and proceed to cross. Feeling cheated of his due, appeared and cunningly pretended to congratulate them and award them with gifts of their own choosing. The eldest brother, a combative man, asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence, and so Death took a branch from a nearby tree and fashioned the . The second brother, an arrogant man, choose to further humiliate death, and asked for the power to recall others from Death. So Death took a stone from the riverbank and crafted the . The third and youngest brother, who was the most humble and wise, did not trust Death and asked for something to enable him to go forth without Death being able to follow. So Death, most unwillingly, handed over his own .

The three brothers took their prizes and soon went their separate ways. The eldest brother sought out a duel with a wizard with whom he had quarrelled. Handily defeating and killing him with the power of the Elder wand, the eldest brother boasted of this wand taken from Death and his own invincibility. That night another wizard crept upon the eldest brother while he slept, stole the wand, and slit his throat for good measure. And so Death took the first brother.

The second brother returned to his own home, and taking the stone given to him by Death, turned it thrice in his hand. To his astonishment, the figure of a girl he had hoped to marry before her untimely death appeared before him. Yet she was not wholly alive and remained silent, cold, and distanced from her would be suitor. Driven mad with hopeless longing, he killed himself so as to truly be with her. And so Death took the second brother.

Although Death searched for the youngest brother for many years, he never succeeded and it was only when the third brother and reached a great age that he took off the Cloak of Invisibility and gave it to his son. He then greeted Death as an old friend and they departed this life as equals. It's amazing!" Evana said snapping the book shut. Draco yawned. "Draco!"

"Yeah  it's cool..." Draco said sleepily.

"So do you think it's true?" Evana asked.

"What?" Draco yawed again.

"The Deathly hallows?" Evana pressed on.

"What?" Draco grunted.

"Elder wand, resurrection stone, invisibility cloak?" Evana sighed, growing annoyed.

"Oh, right no. Just a load of rubbish!" Draco laughed, Evana faked laughed too, she did believe in them if only Draco did too." Wait you don't actually believe that lame story?"

"No, no." Evana sighed and Draco resumed his moaning about the tournament