n i n e

Emilia

Emilia

Being questioned by the Sheriff about Vicki's disappearance is not what I pictured my morning to be like. Since I was kneeling in front of Vicki and nearly crying doesn't mean I had something to do with how she disappeared. She actually died but everyone thinks she disappeared.

Sheriff Forbes had called me in and sat me on a chair in front of her desk. She first got out notepad to write my answers. Second she put on her glasses and sipped her glass of coffee. The tension in the air grew by the second as she set everything in it's place.

"Sheriff Forbes?"

"Yeah?"

Her answer was quick, a sign that she's nervous. I'm not even nervous for this whole interview. What I'm nervous for is the doctor's appointment I have after this meeting. I have to get my forehead stitched and I can't wait. The air hitting my open wound makes me hiss in pain every time and I can't wait to close it.

"Ok," Sheriff Forbes cleared her throat, "Let's start. Umm...Where did Vicki say she was going?" I sighed, "She didn't." Sheriff Forbes nods before writing on her notepad, "Did she tell her brother where she was going?"

"No she didn't say anything to Matt. She told Jeremy to tell Matt that she was leaving town."

"Is there anyone I can talk to that may know what happened to her prior to her leaving town?"

"Stefan Salvatore may know. He came by her house to see her but she wouldn't talk to him."

"What was he doing there?"

"He was trying to help her, he knew that Elena and I were worried about Jeremy, he was dating Vicki and she had a drug problems, so he tried to help."

"So he got involved because Elena asked him to?"

"Elena asked Stefan to help. She thought that, by helping Vicki, he was helping my brother."

"What was her behavior like those last few days before she left?"

"Up and down, very sketchy, like she was coming down from some major partying."

"Any signs of aggression or violence?"

"No."

"So you believe Vicki really has left town?"

"Yes. We'll miss her but it's for the best."

"Ok, thank you Emilia for answering my questions." She nods to me before going back to the notepad. I pick up my black purse before walking out of the office. I find Aunt Jenna and Jeremy waiting for me outside and Elena talking to Stefan.