4: Wished for a Mate: Got Dynamite

Chapter four

Tell me what you got to break down the walls

You just might need dynamite

Tell me what you got to break down the walls

Kick senseless my defenses

-Got Dynamite by Demi Lovato

"Do you-Do you need something?" I asked Daniel. I didn't like the way my voice shook because it showed weakness and that was not something I wanted Daniel to see. Fortunately Daniel's next words had nothing to do with my weakness.

"What were you talking about in there?" He ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair and his pale blue eyes pierced me. I suddenly realized how attractive he was.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what does your necklace have to do with anything and how is your mate related and why does your father even matter?" He said it all in one breath and then stopped to breathe. I felt like I'd been shocked. He didn't know? He didn't know! I wanted to hug him for being the first person that hadn't associated me with my father. So I did. He looked surprised first and then he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. It was warm and comforting. "So, are you going to tell me or not?"

"I-I guess. Maybe you should sit down."

"Okay." He sat down and I began my story.

"Before my dad died, he was the alpha of my pack."

"You left your pack??????!!!!!!!"

"I-" He jumped up from the bed.

"Wow. To think I actually thought you were okay. I mean-"

"Let me finish!!!!!!!" He looked at me. He sat down again, running a hand through his hair. I had this urge to kiss him as his pink lips stared at me.

"Like I said, before he died he was alpha. He died because of my sister."

"You have a sister?"

"I had a sister."

"Oh, sorry."

"Her name was Grace and she was a daddy's girl. She was definitely prettier than me. She had my mother's hair. Red bouncy curls and beautiful dark blue eyes. She was fifteen." My voice shook and a tear slipped out. Daniel reached out and wiped the tears from my eyes. I was surprised, but I continued. "One day there was a rogue attack. My father and the fighters went out. Gracie and I watched from the window. My dad reached for one of the rogues and that rogue happened to make eye contact with Gracie. Her mate. My dad was about to snap his neck and Gracie yelled no. He looked up for a second and another rogue took advantage. He died that second." By now I was full out sobbing. Daniel awkwardly wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay, it's okay..."

"Another one of my pack members killed Gracie's mate and she was depressed. Her mate and her dad died because of her. She killed herself because living with the guilt was too much. When they asked us who had called his name...I took the blame." He jumped up.

"Why would you do that?"

"She lost her mate and her father, so I took the blame." He sat down next to me again.

"Why is your father so respected? What did he do?"

"He passed a werewolf law. It was the merge treaty."

"The merge treaty?"

"It states that if two packs were to merge, then the alpha's would co-rule. It doesn't seem like the biggest deal, but it saved a lot of bloodshed that occurred when alphas tried to fight for the alpha position. If one alpha died, then the other alpha was made alpha of his pack."

"Whoa."

"Yeah."

"So, you feel up to continuing?"

"I-maybe tomorrow."

"Cool." He turned to leave.

"Wait." He turned around. "Can you-can you stay with me?" He looked surprised but climbed into the bed with me. And we fell asleep like that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like it. I know it's really short, but I have school and stuff. I'll upload Friday. Please Comment, Fan, and Vote.

See you next time on I Wished for a Mate.

Komal