Easy To Love

Title: Easy To Love

Author: alex_ g4skarth

[ http://alex_g4skarth.livejournal.com ]

Pairing: Jalex

Rating: PG-13

P.O.V: 3rd

Warning: Male-pregnancy (mpreg)

Summary: It's the hardest day of his life and he hasn't stopped smiling.

_________________________________

It's the hardest day of his life and he hasn't stopped smiling. Smiling for the happy couple when really all he wants to do is punch the bride and kiss the groom and make his fairy tale have a happy ending because he deserves that, dammit. But instead, Alex smiles til his cheeks ache and lifts countless glasses of champagne in toast after toast to Mr. and Mrs. Jack and Taylor Barakat.

It's three years later and Alex is all fake smiles and sore jaw muscles again because Jack Jr. was born this morning at exactly 9:47 AM. He sits with the others in the waiting room, pretending to be as excited and happy for the new parents as everyone else is. Rian and Matt are currently fighting over who would be a better uncle to the kid, blood relation aside, and Cassadee is trying her best to explain to Caleb (her and Rian's son) that he's still too young for this 'sex thing'. No one notices when Alex sneaks away for half an hour to swallow as many shots of tequila as he can in the bar two blocks from the hospital. It's stupid but he doesn't know how to kill the pain in any other way.

It's a week later and he's been named godfather to the man he loves' child by another woman. It's supposed to be a big honor and Rian and Zack would've killed for the title apparently, but Alex fails to see how it's an honor in any way to be godfather to a kid that resembles a turnip more then a person.

It's another two years later and it's a birthday party for Matt that somehow Alex got roped into hosting. How anyone expects him to fit more then three dozen people in his two-bedroom house, he still hasn't figured out and Alex decides, after his second glass of wine, that he doesn't really care. He merely throws his front door open, puts ample amounts of chips and dip and soda and alcohol and Mickey Mouse cake on the kitchen counter and tells them all to have at it. Matt swears that it's the best birthday party he's ever been thrown and suggests that Alex should plan Jack Jr's since his birthday is the next up. Alex laughs and says he'll think about it and he doesn't miss the glare that Tay gives him for the rest of the evening.

It's Christmas 2015 and Alex is fairly certain he's beaten his own record by becoming completely hammered before five o'clock that day. It's all a little fuzzy and they're some alarming black spots in his memory but he's pretty sure that he cornered Jack in Rian's guest bedroom and tried to kiss him. What Alex doesn't know is if Jack stopped him because it was wrong or because he had to stop himself before he went further then he was allowed. Alex hasn't found the courage to ask him either and since Jack hasn't said anything about it, Alex decides not mentioning it ever is best.

It's the following Valentine's and he's Caleb's and Jack Jr.' babysitter because that's who Alex is. He's the babysitter, not the boyfriend, not the husband, not the father. He's the one who sits at home with the kids while the rest of the guys have romantic nights out on the town with their women. As much as Alex wants to blame them, blame it on his status as the default babysitter; he knows that it's all his fault that he has no boyfriends or dates. But Alex gave up on finding anyone else the second he realised no one could compare to Jack. Sometimes he's so disgusted by his feelings towards his best friend that he forgets that bottles aren't meant to be bottomless.