Chapter 4; His name is...

I blow the dust off the book furiously, coughing when I inhaled the dust. I scanned the ink and pictures. It seemed to be a family tree.

**********************************************************************************

"I'm going downstairs to take my medicine. Be careful." Grandmother said, kissing my forehead and left.

The family tree started form my great-great-great-great grandfather, King Louis was at the top. My mother and father was at the bottom. I guess they didn’t fix it. My mother’s family consists of her two sisters, Joann and Carla, both pale. Joann looked nothing like my mother but Carla sure did.  Her nose, face shape, everything. Then my eyes reached hers; her eyes changed color. Confused I rubbed my eyes, looking down at Carla's eyes, she blinked.

BOOM! I screamed and jumped up startled. I looked outside; the construction workers just cut down a tree. I wiped the sweat off my face and I held up the book. The page was gone, someone ripped it out.

I heard footsteps. Then the maid and gave me a hug. "Are you alright?" she said.

"Yea, I just got startled by the construction." I smiled and showed her that I am fine.

"Let's go downstairs." She held my hand, and I took a last glance of the book.

~

Age 14.

It was a Saturday morning and I was going through my bookshelf. I need to replace them with the new ones I bought. As I was scanning through, I noticed there was a photo album. It was red and had gold designs on it. I grabbed the album and sat on my bed.

I sat in silence as I flipped through the pages. The Royal Wedding. I saw my mother, beautifully dressed in her wedding gown. She was wearing a fit and flare wedding dress, which had a lot of sparkles and gems on it. Her hair was tied up in an elegant bun and the veil was over her face.

I flipped the page and dad was lifting up the veil. I could tell that she was happy.  I ran my hand over the picture as I smile and realize we have the same eyes, a bluish/green. Dad gave her the look that ever prince gives his princess.

A knock on my door interrupted me. "Who is it?" I asked.

"It’s me your father."  My father? This is important then. "Hold on!" I screamed as I hid the elegant book under my bed. "Come in"

 He entered, looking around my room.

"Tonight we are hosting a ball. But not just any ball, it's my anniversary. I wanted to be a small part but she wanted a ball. Anyways I need you on your best behavior. If you mess this up I’m going to lock you in a dungeon with the dragons."

"Oh and clean your room." He said and left my room.

I huffed and blew my bangs off my face. "Dragons don't exist."

 ♥

I was all ready as I stood in my bathroom. I was in a navy blue strap gown with a sweetheart neckline. The dress was simple but elegant. It hugged me in the right places. I had silver accessories to complement the dress.  My hair was just straightened and let loose. I sighed. Putting on my heels I went downstairs to greet the guests.

Whenever we host a party, my father and that witch acts like they care for me. I walked down the stairs, trying not to fall, again. Yes again.

I safely landed on the ground and I was greeted by my brother.

"Hey" I said is as I gave him a hug.

"How are you holding up?" Daniel tried to help me. Even though he is 2 years younger than me, I’m know he is always there to protect me.

"I’m good. Is that Amber's parents? I thought they hated us. What are they doing here?" I said getting nervous.