Chapter 2

I stood in shock. There, Emily was standing in the doorway. I mummbled "A-Alex," Alex walked over to me. "What's wrong ba-" Alex stopped. His mouth dropped. We stood together just staring at Emily. You could tell that she felt a bit awkward. "Alex, Taylor, I need to talk to you guys" Alex and I slowly stepped out of the house. My heart beat was getting faster. All I wanted to do was start crying, hug Emily and never let her go. I remember how much better she made me feel about the whole situation of there being actual zombies that wanted to kill us. Emily sat down on one of the porch chairs and we followed. "Emily, how did you survive?" Alex asked bewildered. " Well, about a year or two of my life has been a complete blur. I suppose those were the years that I was infected. I do remember waking up in a hospital bed. The nurse that had been taking care of me had explained how "Zombie hunters" had found me, and tranquilized me. Later on, they had given me the cure for infected people to get the sickness out of their system. Ever since they had released me, I have been looking for you too. I think It's nice that you moved to Florida." Emily said. We sat there just trying to take it all in. "I-I... I wish I had never turned. I mean, I'm glad I saved you guys. I just hate being constantly reminded by the scars.." Emily lifted up one of her pant legs and shows us the long, ugly scars she had from the zombie taking bites out of her. Alex and I continued to sit there, still not sure of what to say. I realized I had been staring at the ground. My eyes travled up and met hers. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I smiled and hugged her. I was just so happy that I had my best friend back. 'Well, Emily, would you like to see our kids?" Alex asked with a huge smile on his face. Emily nodded, and we started to walk into the house. Emily grabbed our hands. "Wait, there's one more thing I want to tell you but I don't think it would be the best idea to say it in front of your children. There is one thing I remember from being Infected." Emily hesitated. "There were these tall, pitch black creatures. The had six arms. It seemed that their senses were much more advanced than humans. They are really was and strong. They didnt have eyes or a nose. They had holes in the sides of their heads which is what I suppose would be their ears. Before they would kill some one, they would open their mouths to reveal long, sharp teeth that would be able to rip through anything." Alex and I stood there staring at Emily. "They are gone, correct? I mean they cured everybody and everything.... Right?" Alex asked. "Yeah, yeah. I'm pretty sure they did." Emily said "It was probably just a dream anyways" She said reasuring. " Well lets show you our kids" I said. I took Emily by the arm and we walked in. "Would you like anything to eat or drink?" I asked. "Yes please, if you don't mind" Emily said a bit shy. Alex went into the living room to get the kids. "So Emily, do you feel kind of sick or do you feel completely fine after being infected?" I asked her as I sliced a peice of cake and oured some milk that we had earlier. "Well, sometimes the stitches hurt but I feel like I always have" I smiled at her. I sat down next to her at the kitchen table and we ate as we talked. We really did want to catch up. Alex suddenly ran into the kitchen. He was out of breath and was cryning. "Taylor, the kids aren't anywhere in the house. I can't find them. All I found was this not that was left on the living room floor" My heart sank. Emily and I ran over to Alex and grabbed the note. We all read it together. "Alex and Taylor Hemmings, your friend Emily Montgomery knows to much about a creature that we have been working on. Now that she has shared about it to you two, she must be executed. You must bring her to me. To keep you motovated, we have taken your children. You must meet us at 15620 Tomowayan Street, Colorado. Go there on December 3 at 6:30. If you are not there, Emily and your children will be killed." My heart stopped and I droped the note.