Chapter 2

Rose POV

I am standing at the front of the room looking out on a sea of black robes and I am shaking. This is the moment I have both dreaded and looked forward to my whole life. Trying on the sorting hat. I have no idea what house I will be placed in I really don't. The most obvious would be Gryfindor as my parents and most of my older cousins were/are in it but that does not mean it is where I will be. Victoire had been in Ravenclaw and Molly and Louis are in Hufflepuff. So far none of my family had been in Slytherin but there is a first for everything. I tense as I see Scorpius is almost at the front of the line to try on the sorting hat. Professor McGonagall was placing the hat on someone called Kane, Sarah then it was one more student before Scorpius. I was nervous about what house Scorpius would be put into, obviously it would be easier to get to know him if we shared the same common room and were in all the same classes. But he would probably be put into Slytherin like every other Malfoy before him, I could be put in Slytherin but it is not likely. I clench my teeth together to stop them from chattering as Lee, Michael is sorted into Ravenclaw.

Scorpius POV

As the boy before me gets off the stool Professor McGonagall calls Malfoy, Scorpius as she glares down at me over top of her glasses. I slowly walk towards the stool and sit down. My mind is going crazy! I know dad says he doesn't care what house I am in but I am sure he does. And what about Rose? She will probably be in Gryfindor like her parents. Being in the same house with her would make everything so much easier... And before I can decide where I want to go the hat is placed on my head. The hat starts to talk to me

"I wondered when I would be having another Malfoy to sort. Let's see here Slytherin seems like the most obvious choice, but you have quit the brain and defiantly courageous and also quite loyal. I think you would do well in any of the houses. I am having quite the bit of trouble here, you are very cunning and very ambitious but not, if you don't mind me saying this, willing to do anything to get what you want like your father. Don't let your family define you. Well I think it better be SLYTHERIN!" I heard the hat shout the last word to the entire hall. I walked to the cheering Slytherin table as quickly as I possibly could. I guess I am happy about being in Slytherin but I can't help wondering what the hat meant by "don't let your family define you" It was almost like a warning, the hat isn't supposed to warn us it is just to sort us and move on to the next person. I decide to ignore it for now as I need to focus on where Rose will be sorted she is just a few people away now.

Rose POV

SLYTHERIN I hear the sorting hat call to the hall. That settles it then Sorpius and I have almost no chance of being in the same house. The next best thing would to be in Gryfindor I guess as that is where Al is sure to be placed. I desperately hope I am in Gryfindor instead of Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff as I don't know if I could make it through the year not being close to Al. Maybe if I I had becoming friends with Scorpius to focus on but that will be hard enough in the same house as him let alone in a different common room and mostly differ classes. All of a sudden I look up and see that Albus is sitting on the stool with the hat in his head and I am next. How could I have missed that!?!? And he just sits there without moving and without the hat proclaiming a house. Why the hell is this taking so long Al is going to be in Gryfindor. Everyone is staring at him myself included. We just stare and stare and stare. The hat has been on his head for quite awhile now. If he is not a hatstall then is a almost one. Finally the hat opens its mouth and shouts SLYTHERIN! I can't help my self I scream "WHAT!?!" in surprise. Albus can’t be in Slytherin! He has to be in Gryfindor, he has to! Who is going to help me through my first year? Sure I have other relatives in Gryfindor but Al is more than a cousin he is my best friend.

Scorpius POV

Did that just happen? A Potter sorted into Slytherin?!? Harry Potter's son is in Slytherin? But then I realize what this means, if because Rose and this Albus kid are cousins that means even if she is not in Slytherin I have someone related to her in my house and probably my dormitory to use to become friends with her! I turn my attention back to the front of the hall where Professor McGonagall is looking shaken as she calls "Weasly, Rose"

Rose POV

McGonagall calls my name and I step up to the stool, I look around nervously and see my cousin James give me a thumbs up from the Gryfindor table. The hat is placed on my head and immediately I heard in in my mind. "What do we have here? Another Weasly? Lots of courage and lots of smarts but also I definite sense of rebellion. I know where to put you. SLYTHERIN!" I hear the whole hall and the teachers behind me gasp. I can't believe it. Out of all the houses I both Al and I were put in Slytherin. And the odd thing is I don't even care, I am with Al AND Scorpius nothing could be better than that. In a way I a also glad I wasn't put in Gryfindor, I know that James has felt a lot of pressure to follow in his dads footsteps because he is in Grufindor. As I walk over to the Slytherin table I see that Al and Scorpius are sitting next to each other. I squeeze in between them and as Scorpius smiles at me I think to myself that this could be a great year.

Scorpius POV

As the hat calls out that Rose is in Slytherin I almost can't resist jumping up and down with excitement. I look over at Albus who I had optioned to sit next to me and he is just staring at the hat with a look of shock. I watch Rose come over to our table and as she sits down between me and Albus I give her a big smile. And I swear I think I saw a little smile back.

A/N thanks for your feedback on fanfiction.net and wattpad. Here is the next little bit. Again looking forward to what you think especially about the houses they wee sorted into. Thanks for reading.

Rayray138