Far, Far away.

"What?!" Hissed the hokage, slamming his hands on the table as he stood up. The nurse gulped, still gasping for breath. "N-N-Naruto Uzumaki has d-d-dissapeared..?" She repeated, almost asking. The elderly man groaned, before sinking back into his seat. He rubbed his temples. I'm getting too old for this. Maybe I should retire...

Kakashi shivered. He didn't like the way the hokage stared at him like a starved animal...

"All right, we need to send out a search party. They are not to interfere with his course, only to make sure he makes the boundary safely. After that, I'm afraid we can do no more." The grizzled Shinobi sighed, wishing there was another way.

"Lord Hokage, is Naruto going to become a missing ninja?" Sakura asked tentatively.

"No, but I don't know if we will ever see him again..."

Kakashi, seeing the hokage lose himself in thought, ushered the two remaining genin out quietly, knowing exactly who he was thinking of.
"What do we do know, Sensei?" Asked Sasuke, seemingly apathetic to his teammates disappearance.

Kakashi knew better.

He could tell by the faint twitch of his eye when they mentioned the wayward blond, and the downward quirk of his lips. His rigged stance, the way he crossed his arms tightly across his chest, and the missing haughty smirk.

He hid it well, but Kakashi was ex-anbu.

Sakura didn't hide it as well. Her face was pale, and she was chewing on her lip nervously, wringing her hands, too. Kakashi sighed.

"Ma, ma, no use worrying about it. Lord Hokage has it covered. Let's throw ourselves into training, ne?"

Hokage's office

Minato.. Kushina. I'm sorry; I won't be able to watch after Naruto any longer. He is in good hands, though.

I hope.

Wow!! I can't believe how much you guys like this!! it's kind of a cliche idea, but a cool one nonetheless. Anyway, I'm sorry for the short update, and long with time. Thanks to everyone who commented! I would right you all down but my keyboard is being glitchy and I have another chapter to write for something else.

Ja ne,
rake~