Chapter Eighteen

3rd Person

With an hour before the wedding, Aki thoroughly inspected all aspects of the wedding from the decor to confirming the number of people who are going to be present on the day. It was her own wedding day and yet she had to plan everything herself. She didn't mind though. Work is work whether you like it or not. Women on their wedding days stereotypically are what people call 'bridezillas.' But Aki here, has not changed her expression all day. It was the exact same everywhere, all the time.

Her previous partner was also in a slump. He had gone back to his old ways, with the exception of a new girlfriend. Momoi did not question her childhood friend, she just accepted the fact that he wanted to be with her. Now that the pair were dating, they couldn't keep their hands off one another. Their faces were constantly connected, one could wonder how they managed to breath. It was disgusting, revolting. They acted as if that if they let go of one another the other person would disappear.

Momoi was wearing a short pink dress that fell just below her knees. It was low cut, exposing her chest in its fullest. Aomine didn't seem to mind. He actually loved it because he could see his girlfriends bust at its fullest. The dress was so tight that you could see the outline of her underwear.

Aomine on the other hand was wearing a black suit with a tie in the colour matching that of his hair. He was dressed accordingly to the rest of the GoM. Every guy was wearing a black suit with a coloured tie that matched that of their hair.

Everyone had gathered in Akashi's room and they were surprising to see Momoi practically attached to Aomine's arm. "What are you doing here Momoicchi?" Kise asked bewilderingly. Her grip on Aomine's arm tighten as she replied with a big smile, "Dai-chan asked me to be his girlfriend!" This cheerful response was not taken well by the GoM.

Akashi had an extremely angered expression on his face; along with Kuroko and Midorima. These three along with Aomine were the people out of the GoM that were closest to Aki. They understood her almost inside and out. Besides that Akashi and Kuroko knew Aomine inside out as well. The fact that he just threw away his feelings for Aki angered them. It pissed them off even more that he decided to run away from his real feelings like a coward.

Kise was indeed shocked and so was Murasakibara but they didn't care as much, or so they didn't want to react. It was too much of a shock. Kise was closer to Aki then the others would have thought. Whenever she had a fight with Akashi, who is like her twin, she would go to Kise because she obviously couldn't talk to Akashi.

"I-is that right. Congratulations." Kise mumbled, making eye-contact with the angered three and nodding. Akashi didn't even bother acknowledging Aomine and walked out along with the others slamming the door, leaving Aomine and Momoi alone in the room. Outside the room you could hear Akashi shouting at Kuroko.

Eventually, it was time for the wedding and the GoM made sure to arrive extra early to greet their best friend. Unfortunately, they weren't able to see Aki until the actual ceremony started when the bride would walk through the doors with her father by her side. The GoM sat in the front on the bride's side where Aki had made sure they had seated. The front was for the extremely important people such as family to the bride. The GoM is Aki's family and she gave very specific orders to make sure that they found their way there.

Soon enough the cliche 'Here comes the bride' songs starts playing and the groom is already standing at the alter with the person who is going to marry them. Three seconds into the song and the two grand doors opened to reveal the breathtaking bride. Momoi was sitting on Aomine's lap in such an unpleasant way that the GoM forced them to sit behind them and not next to them.

Aki was fitted into a extravagant white wedding dress. It hugged her body perfectly, showing off all of her curves to the public eye. The top was tight fitting, hugging her body. But from just below her butt and down it flared out. And her back was bare.

Her mother gasped the moment Aki walked in. It wasn't the dress that her mother had given her to wear, it was a dress that she had picked on her own. Her father continued to lead her down the carpet, passing all of the people whom Aki and her parents had invited.

Soon enough she was standing in front of the man who she had promised her future to. Vows were said and finally it was time for the main vow. "Do you take this beautiful woman to be your wife?" "I do." "And do you take this beautiful man to be your husband?" "I do." "You may kiss the bride."

Just as these words were spoken, the closed grand doors were slammed open revealing a masculine figure. He had dark red hair and a frantic expression on his face. It was Kagami Taiga. "I object!" He shouted, throwing his arms up into the air. This completely shocked everyone in the room but mostly Aki and Aomine. This caused noise to arise and everyone was talking. Aki's mother and father were completely enraged.

Taiga continued to move forward until he reached the podium where the wife and husband to be were. He reached out for Aki's hand, waiting for her hand. A smile came over her face and she put her hand into his. Taking her hand, he carried her out of the hall in bridal style. Aomine who had Momoi sitting on his lap stood up and went after the pair. The GoM would have essentially followed them but it was up to the trio to work everything out.

Aki

I couldn't believe Taiga-kun was actually here. When I found out he wasn't invited to the wedding I was both upset and relieved, but he's actually here. And I'm thankful.

For the past two days I have been lying to myself and everyone else. I knew what my ideal future looked like and being married at sixteen was not my plan. I'm supposed to be studying to become a lawyer, a better lawyer than my parents. My goal after that was to completely take over the company and improve everything. I want to be with the love of my life. The man who I just couldn't take my mind off of.

Tears started running down my face and the make-up that was forced onto my face smudged. My head turned to look at our surroundings, it was a park. "Put me down Taiga-kun." His red eyes bore into my and nodded, placing me onto the ground. My hands wiped off the tears and smudged make-up. Clumsily, I wiped it onto my self picked wedding dress. "Are you okay?" Taiga-kun asked worriedly, wiping off the remaining make-up with a tissue that he conveniently had. "Can you go get me water?" I whispered, sitting myself down on the grass. He obliged and ran off to get me water.

3rd Person

Aki let out an extremely long sigh. It was to release all of her stored frustration. The kids on the nearby playground bounced up to her. "Onee-chan, are you okay?" The child with the black hair wondered, tilting his head to the side. Another child was standing right by him, this little boy had white hair. The young white haired whacked the little black haired boy on the head. "Of course not! She lost her prince charming!" The child claimed. The pair managed to make a giggle escape from Aki's lips. "She's smiling now!" The black haired child clapped. "Don't be sad Princess. You're too pretty." The pair smiled in unison before running off to their parents. She smiled at the pair for taking her mind off her worries.

She sat there on the wet green grass. It was damp from the rain but she didn't even realise. She was to engrossed in the light sound of the birds chirping and the soft melody of children that just comforted her, laughing. The sun kissed her face, illuminating her orange hair. She didn't realise that he was there, gazing longingly at her. In his eyes, she looked like a goddess.

She ran her hand through the slightly moist grass. He moved closer to her, step by step. The wind blew passed her face and faintly shifted her hair. She looked towards the playground where a child and her father were playing. The child's laughter twinkled in her ears just like music. He was closer, closer to her. He just needed to take one more step to get to her and he did. A twig snapped, resounding in the part. Her head shot in his direction and their eyes locked.

---