Chapter One

Character Intro~

My name's Melanie, Mel for short. I'm 19 years old. I'm average height, skinny, and have long dirty blonde hair. I have ice blue eyes, and I'm not very tan. I live by myself in an apartment, away from my parents. They just don't respect me like they used to. All I have left of my family that I actually like and are alive are my older sister and my Grandma. I have a good group of friends from high school, and we all went to the same college so they are still my best friends. I am single. The last relationship I had was great at the beginning, but then I found out he was cheating on me. I haven't had a relationship since. I live in England. I'm not originally from England, but me and my family moved here when I was little. So, enough about me. Here's my story.

                                               **************************************************

It was a Saturday night, and I was going out clubbing with some of my friends, Will, Noah, Isabel (Iz), and Danielle(Danny). Will and Danny were coming to pick me, Iz, and Noah up at the apartment building. I was currently getting ready. I had straightened my hair, and done my make-up like I normally do. Then I slipped on my outfit consisting of black leggings, my black leather boots, and a cute purple party top. When I was finished I met Noah and Iz outside the apartment building. We all waited there for Danny and Will.

"You guys excited for tonight?" Iz asked as we stood outside, waiting.

'Yeah, I really need to get out tonight." I said.

"Same." Noah agreed. Just then the van pulled up in front of us. Danny drove this van thing all over the place. It was ridiculous, but we all fit in it so it worked. We all hopped in as Danny started celebrating.

"Woo!!! Let's go get our party on!! I'm so pumped!!" she yelled.

"Danny! You make it sound like we never go out. We do this like, almost every weekend." I said.

"Woah, wait to crush my soul, Mel." she said offended. I just laughed. She was always crazy. The dirve wasn't that far. It took us about 3 minutes to get there. When we got there we got in line at the door to go in. Once we got in we immediately went to the bar to get some drinks.

"I'll take a beer." I said to the guy behind the counter.

'Sure, here you go." he said handing me a bottle. "Hey, you're pretty hot." he said to me as I grabbed the beer. I smiled at him sarcastically, and then just looked at him.

"Ew." I said and walked away with my friends. The guy was like in his thirties anyway. We made our way to the dancefloor, as we drank our drinks. After a little while Iz and Noah were getting a little tipsy so they stopped drinking for the night. Hour and hours went by until it was almost midnight. I was getting pretty tired, and I had managed to keep myself sober for the night, so I decided I was gonna walk back to the apartment. I told my friends that I was gonna leave.

"Mel, you know how many creepy people are out at this time. Just hang for a little bit!! And then we'll all drive home." Danny said.

"I know, but I have work tomorrow afternoon, and I don't want to be the walking dead, so I'm just gonna go." I said.

"Mel...." 

"I'll be fine. I'll see you guys tomorrow probably." I said.

"Fine, but if you're not in your apartment tomorrow morning, I'm calling the cops." Iz warned.

"Don't worry guys. I'll live. See you later." I said. I walked out the door and continued down the sidewalk. The city did look pretty creepy at night, but it was only a five minute walk, so I would be fine. I passed a few people smoking, and a few drunk people to, probably from the club. I came to the part of town where no one was walking around. As I passed an alley way I heard a guy say something, but I didn't know if it was directed at me. I just kept walking past the alley.

'Hey, I said where you going!" the guy yelled. I heard footsteps echoing in the alley and I knew they were coming for me. "Hey, babe! Slow down, we just want to talk." he said creepily. I picked up my pace, and continued down the sidewalk. I heard shouting and hollering behind me and I was almost to a slow jog now. Then I heard all of their footsteps quicken. They were running at me, and were probably faster considereing my boots had heels. They caught up to me, and two of them grabbed me as I screamed out for help. But no one was around to hear me. They dragged me back into the dark alleyway as I continued screaming. The guys threw me against the wall, and one of them covered my mouth with his hand to stop me from screaming. There must have been at least five or six of them, and they all smelled of beer and smoke. They were swearing and yelling, and calling me rude, dirty names. One guy held me to the wall, as another one started ripping my top.

"We just want to have a little fun is all." one of them said. I watched as a guy took a huge swig of beer and dropped it on the ground. The bottle shattered at his feet. Tears were starting to run rapidly down my face, the guy still covering my mouth. Someone slashed at my arm, ripping the sleeve, and cutting a thin gash. I heard another pair of footsteps coming down the alley, and thought 'Oh, no there's more guys.' but then he spoke.

"Hey!" he said. The guys stopped what they were doing and looked over at where it came from. I was still being help to the wall. I looked over at him as well. I couldn't see who it was because he was standing in the shadows.

"Leave her alone." he said.

"Oh yeah tough guy? And what if we don't? Huh? Gonna call the cops?" a guy said.

"I said leave her alone." he said finally stepping out of the shadow. A streetlight hit him and I saw his bright green eyes looking at me with his sympathy. His brown curly hair blew in the the slight breeze. I watched him carefully. Then I slowly shook my head at him. I didn't want him risking anything to help me. I was just a stranger anyway. He just looked at me and looked away. Slowly the guy took his hand away from my mouth. He pulled me off the wall and held me out.

"Fine, you want her? Take her." he said. He pushed me at the green eyed boy and he caught me in his arms before I fell. I breathed heavily as hot tears kept streaming down my cheeks. The boy wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked me out of the alley way, leaving the drunken guys behind us.