Chapter 18

This chapter is dedicated to BookaMore

I really hated the smells of hospitals, I just couldn't stand being in an hospital. But here I was...

I stood by the door of Kent's room in the hospital, with Kent beside me. He really wanted me to go in but I wasn't really sure if I should go in or not. I leaned on the door and took a quick look into the room through the glass window on the door.

The room's wall was painted white and the sheet too was white, almost everything in there was in colour white. And that made the room beautiful and more conducive for a patient who was half dead and half alive. There was also a grey couch in the room and a lady was sitting on it with a book in her hand. She seemed to be in her late 30s and from the looks of it, she seemed to be a Latino with a beautiful black hair, just like my mom's. I wasn't really sure. She seemed so calm as she read and smile at the book in her hand. Maybe she was Kent's mom but they really didn't look anything alike, he never like to talk about her and I found that odd.

I leaned back and took a deep breath. I stared into his eyes and and I just couldn't help but smile. I remembered my conversation with him earlier in the day before coming to the hospital with him.

"Are you going to be mad at me forever?" Kent asked while standing and crossing his legs at the corner of my room. I concentrated on my phone pretended as if I didn't know someone was staying in the room with me.

I giggled like a child feigning that I could see something funny on my phone.

"Alex..." Kent called but I just focused on my phone. I said that I was done with him and I meant it. I wouldn't let him walk all over me because of some stupid feelings. "Alex" he called again. "I'm trying to apologise for talking the way I did, besides, I should be the one getting an apology" Kent added and I still wasn't giving him my attention.

"I don't even know why I'm here apologising over nothing. My God! I would never apologise even when I'm wrong and I'm here trying to fix this probably because I don't want to be bored"

I lifted my head up this time and i was so mad with him again "so..you're always hanging around me because you don't want to be bored?" I stood up from my bed and I lunged towards him. His blue eyes looked down at me and I think I almost forgot that I was mad at him.

"Now you're talking"

"Just answer me" I demanded in a rigid tone.

"I didn't mean it that way, I'm just trying to get you to talk to me"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, come on don't be mad at me. You're the only person I have right now"

"Hmm...really?" I curved my lip into a small smile. "Then say you're sorry" I demanded.

"I still have to say sorry?"

"Yes, say it" I insisted. If he wasn't going to say sorry, I wasn't going to change my mind.

"Well I just said it"

"No say it again"

"Uggghhhh...I can't believe this" he whine like child. It was really exciting to see him like this. Frustrated.

"Say it"

"S..so..sorryyy"

"Fine" I said and smiled. I just wondered why saying sorry was so hard for him to say.

***

"Hey, what are you thinking?" Kent asked and I immediately snapped out of my thoughts

"Nothing"