Chapter __: A Fairy's Prologue

"Stay away from us! You freak!" A kid yelled as he threw a rock at a child huddled in the back of a dirty alleyway.

"Stop it....please!" The child begged. Caressing the spot where the rock had struck.

"Why do you keep coming back here?! Can't defend yourself now, can you? Use your demon powers!"

"It's useless. It was obviously just a bluff!" Another boy yelled. He came up to the shaking child and kicked his foot against her leg. "You're nothing but a waste."

"I... I'm sorry....!" The child cried and another rock was thrown at her. "Ow!" She let out a cry of pain even though she tried to tell herself not to. She didn't want to be weak in front of enemies and neither did she want to rely on her curse to save her. All she did was endure and endure but it never lasted long. At one point or another, she would always let go and disappear, along with her sanity. And she hated that.

More and more blows landed on her and continued even if she bled. Kicks. Rocks. Punches and even sticks. And the pain was beginning to reach its limit. She was beginning to slip.

"St-op it.... I don't want to hurt anybody....!" She cried.

"Ugh! Then quit following us!" The first kid said.

"I....just wanted to.....be friends...!"

"Haha! As if we'd ever be friends with something like you!" He threw another kick at her and she yelped in pain again.

"The demon child really does feel something!" Another kid blared. "A demon! Friends with humans! As if! Just go back to your circus freak of a family! You people are nothing but a nuisance, causing trouble for us humans!"

"I....I'm sorry..." The child pleaded. The taste of blood in her mouth. "....stop...please!"

"Someone needs to teach you weirdos a lesson!"

There just seemed to be no end to it. The blows only seemed to come down stronger and more painfully. "Stop!" She begged and pleaded but to no avail. She only received the same treatment.

"It hurts.....STOP!!" Her scream rang out loudly and suddenly it did. The pain stopped coming. No more kicks or punches. Her body ached slightly, but that only lasted a little while.

All she felt was total calmness, like she was floating aimlessly in a body of water. And, just like that, it all came back to her. And an even more terrifying sight unfolded before her eyes. In those small moments if tranquility, she ended up stealing the lives, of those children. Her eyes teared up and her body started shaking helplessly. "I....I'm sorry...!" She wept. She wiped her eyes and immediately started to feel weakness, envelope her body. She fell to the ground silently.

"...! Anya!" A man called out to the child. He came running to her and picked her up in his arms.

"F-father...."

"Oh no....what have you done?!" He squeezed her body tightly and hurried away from the scene.

"I'm sorry," The little girl wept. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok. Let's get you home to Claudia and everything will be ok." He said nervously. He rushed to a cabin in the center of a foggy woods setting and rested her little body on a couch in front of a burning fireplace.

"Come, quick Claudia!" He yelled. "Your presence is needed! Come!"

Slowly, a young girl, about the same age as the first one, maybe a little older came from a door to stand next to the man.

"Have a seat and use your power." He instructed. The girl did as she was told and hesitantly took the hand of the now unconscious girl on the couch. She closed her eyes and sighed softly. A chilling breeze filled the room and life seemed to slowly come back into the air.

"Good job." The man said. "This should last her for another 6 or so hours. But it's still not enough time to find a more permanent block on this power of her's. It's strange it only seems to be growing by the second."

"Only 6 hours?" Claudia muttered, slightly annoyed.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I know it's a great deal of magic power for you to be using your magic in such a way, but it's the only way to block her powers right now."

"Just what are we going to do with 6 hours? It's only more time for the next burst to become even stronger than the last."

"You're right. Which is why I'm going to heavily sedate her for the time being."

He picked up a syringe and injected it into a bottle filled with a clear liquid. He then took it out and then injected it into the sleeping girls arm.

She moved around slightly in discomfort only to relax a couple seconds later.

"I don't like that we have to keep doing this to her."

"Yes, but there is no other way possible. This is the price she must pay for what I did. It's my fault."

"But consider the fact that mother is her with us right now."

"Yes, you're right."

"Dear!" A woman's voiced screamed as she ran into the room. She was considerably older than the two other girls in the room, around the same age as the man

"What is it?" The man said, turning his head in shock to the sudden outburst.

"Outside..." Her voice turned into a low whisper, her tone carried nothing but pure fear.

"They're here."