Day 11: Not-So-Accurate Potrayal

Day 11: Go To Your Nearest Book. Page 51, The Last Sentence In The First Paragraph Starts Your Sentence.

A/N: This is from the book, The Godfather. It's an amazing book, so you should read it. READ IT. It will be far better than anything you read here, anyway.

"Don't betray me, Godfather." He whispered, his voice shaking with every syllable.

The Godfather said nothing, merely leaned forward and smiled. "Ah, my godson, do you think so lowly of me? What would I gain in betraying you?"

He sat back and nodded at his guards, stationed at the door of the office, the same sinister smile painted on his face.

They stepped forward and grabbed the young man by the shoulders, escorting him out of the room. In the hallway, "Don't touch me! I can walk perfectly fine by myself, thank you. What, what -- " and then there was silence.

Two men remained in the study -- the Godfather and his son, an apprentice.

The apprentice said, "Father, what will happen to him?"

The Godfather turned to him, his sharp gaze piercing through the boy's curious eyes. "That boy nearly killed his brother, and then asked me to finish the job. That boy is Italiano. My son, what comes first to all Italians?"

He looked straight back into his father's eyes, unwavering. "Famiglia."

"So, this boy has committed an act of treason. A terrible, terrible act of treason. What shall become of him? My son, why don't you decide?"

"Well, papà, isn't the answer obvious? He should receive what he gave," the boy answered with surety.

The Godfather leaned forward and took his son by the shoulder. "Are you sure? You must know that you are responsible for hurting this man. You are always responsible, if you make the decisions. The people who injure him only take orders. You are the one responsible."

"I'm sure. I'll be responsible. He deserves it."

Then the Godfather nodded. "You are learning, my son. So be it."

Then he raised a finger, signaling to the one inconspicuous guard stationed in the room, who gave the order.