Ch 2 ✑Meeting My Future Wife

Chapter 2

Meeting My Future Wife

Camila's POV:

"You want me to do what!" I nearly leaped out of my Wheelchair as I asked my father again in case I just misheard him.

"Marry someone." My Dad , Alejandro Cabello, repeated calmly.

"I want you to find yourself a bride or a groom before my birthday. Your birthday present to me." I snorted, laughing at the idea about finding myself a bride and how my dad always liked to add a groom as an option when he clearly knows that I am a lesbian.

"What makes you think I need a bride, Dad? "

"Because I have a bride that wants you." my dad pointed out flatly.

Right now, I am debating if my decision had been correct in deciding to leave college and settle with my dad in his new house in Miami and working in his company. Maybe I should have just stayed in the city and continue my studies instead of becoming a burden as he have been going around with this topic for days now.

Now I am stuck here inside my father's study room, babbling things I am not interested to hear with.

"I'm not interested in marriage." I told my father arrogantly.

"Marriage is not for me."

"How do you know?"

"I just do."My father  just laughed heartily, fishing out an expensive cigar from the inside pocket of his suit. He savored the smell of it but soon returned it back as I didn't clearly know why.

He looked me in the eyes and putted his hands on top of mine.

"She needs you, She has cancer and wants to get married before she dies" My father stated as I clearly didn't know what he was  trying to get out of me but as he said the word needed I felt the urge to help as I was always a burden on people but never needed.

" But couldn't she find someone else , a friend , someone who at least know her ?" I pause a second to think. " It is a she right ?"

My father nodded.

" But she only wanted to marry you "

" So I know her ?"

My father nodded.

are we playing a game here , couldn't he just tell me all the details already ?

"Lauren Jauregui" He said and the name rang a bell in my head , I knew her but the last time I sow her , I was 15 and she was 17.

Why did she wants to marry me ? does she even know that I am still in this stupid wheelchair ? is she still hot as I remember ?

I didn't realize that I said it out loud.

" Because she likes you and because her father told me that he wanted you and only you to be her wife , Can't you grant her this last wish before she dies" He stated

I couldn't believe it but I was actually whiling to take a chance after asking myself what will I lose , I am already living with my father and dropped out of college and if I didn't agree dad is going to take everything from me as he said yesterday.

I nodded in agreement.

~2 Days had past

Lauren's POV: