“Thank you sir.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I’m helping team 7 with their mission today. I chose to live with Naruto since I trusted him the most. He was pleased about the idea of me staying with him.

By the time we got to the bridge Sakura and Sasuke were already there. I could feel the tension between the 2 males in the group. They were glaring at each other before turning their head away. I walked closer to Sakura who had an annoyed expression.

“Are they always like this Sakura?”

“Yeah, they did this before the Land of Waves mission. I hope Kakashi-sensei gets here soon.”

As if hearing us, the said jonin appeared in front of us. He lead us to our assignments which were very odd in my mind. I would have thought them to be assassinations or something out of the village but they were just basic chores. These type of missions were alien to me but I did fine with them. However, Naruto had a natural ability to get into trouble. Every task we did he would somehow get himself stuck in a mess. After the jobs were over, Sakura and Sasuke were carrying him by his shoulders. I stood back with Kakashi who was reading his orange book. It made me curious on what it was about but he said it’s not age appropriate.

“It’s all Sasuke’s fault out teamwork is screwed up!”

I think I missed something.

“Face it, I’m stronger and faster than you…..unless you have what it takes to prove me wrong.”

I thought I should prevent the fight so I moved with my speed and got between them. They only blinked and I was there. They sometimes forget how strong I am 

“Please don’t fight. You’re both on the same team and that means you work together as equals.”

Naruto appears to have calmed down but all Sasuke did was glare at me. We haven’t been on good terms with each other. He still doesn’t trust me and I don’t think he ever will. He sees me as an enemy on his land. He won’t let people in very much, like myself. I can sense the hatred for something in his mind. It’s obvious he didn’t have a happy childhood, in a way he’s just like me and Naruto.

“Alright, the missions are over. You guys can head home, everyone except Kiyoko. You need to come with me.”

I nodded and made my way towards Kakashi. Naruto gave a smile before I passed him.

“I’ll see you at the house.” Naruto said.

Kakashi put a hand on my shoulder and we both disappeared. We now were inside the Hokage’s office along with other jonin. They took one glance at me and I saw the malice on their faces. It’s not a secret that almost the whole village doesn’t trust me. They all think I’m a threat to the villagers. Zabuza-sama’s sword just encourages their beliefs. It’s so big that it’s hard not to notice a little girl handling it. I’ve heard people say they think I was the one who killed master. In someway I consider that true. I wonder what would’ve happened if I was on the bridge that day. Maybe I could’ve saved them.

“Why did you bring me here, Kakashi? That bird in the sky is a signal for a ninja meeting with the Hokage. Why am I here?”

“You’ll see. I have a surprise for you.”

At that moment, the Hokage entered the room and all was quiet.

“I’m pretty sure you know why I summoned you.”

“The other villages have been told about it? I noticed some of their genin entering the gates today.” A jonin named Asuma said. He was one of the jonin who actually liked me.

“How long until they begin?” Kakashi asked.

“In a week.” the Hokage answered.

“That’s pretty short noticed.” Kakashi muttered.

I was confused beyond belief. I had no idea what they were talking about but I felt I would be participating in it somehow.

“In 7 days from now, the genin from all over will be tested and only those worthy enough will call themselves Chunin. Now we need to nominate the genin who will enter the exams. The jonin who have the rookie genin step forward.”

Kakashi, Kurinei, and Asuma all stepped in front of the crowd. I stayed behind Kakashi. For each one they all recommended their groups. There were some gasps in the crowd. A chunin named Iruka yelled over the group.

“Those were my students before and I know they’re not ready. Please reconsider Lord Hokage.”

“Well you need to know they’re not your students anymore, they’re mine.” From the tone Kakashi was using it seemed he wasn’t backing down.

“Alright that’s enough, let us continue with the rest of the groups.”

It didn’t take long before everyone left the room and there was only the Hokage, the 3 rookie jonin, Iruka, and me. It was an awkward silence. Kakashi had a reason for me to be here but I still don’t know what it is.

“Lord Hokage, I would like to talk to you about Kiyoko.”

“Are you wanting her to be put on team 7 and participate in the Chunin exams?”

“Actually no, she doesn’t need to be in the Chunin exams. In fact I would like to make a suggestion instead.”

Yep I'm leaving at a cliffhanger. I know I hate them as a reader but they are needed as a writer. Hopefully it won't take long to write the next chapter. You guys will just have to comment and vote to get me inspired. BYE!