Chpt. 13

It had been a week since Perspherone had met that little girl, and she had nothing. She was desperate for anything that would help her save Loki and her friends. Anything. She had about ran out of options. She was in an old, musty hotel in Charleston. She had been there for three days. She was about to give up. She was laying in her bed, ready to sleep. She had been exhausted lately. She couldn't blame herself. She had plenty of reasons to be exhausted. She covered up, and closed her eyes, falling into a deep, calm sleep.

             It was sunny. Perspherone was in a blue dress, sitting at the base of a large tree. She felt calm, even though she had no clue where she was. Was this another dream? If so, it was the strangest one yet. She sat there and listened to the sounds of the wind and..... flowing water. Was there a river nearby? Perspherone got up and looked all around her, searching for the source of the noise. Her eyes stopped on a horse- an eight legged horse. The horse was beautiful, gray in color. She was confused though. Why did that horse have eight legs? She walked up to the horse, careful not to startle it. She gently placed her hand on the horse's neck. It did not respond. She began to pet it, careful not to make a wrong move. Suddenly, the horse nudged her with it's head, obviously enjoying being petted. Perspherone laughed.

                      "You enjoy that, don't you?" She asked the horse playfully, continuing to pet it. The horse neighed in response, seeming happy. Perspherone then saw the saddle. She looked at it and saw the engraving. It said "This is Sleipnir, my child. He will help lead your way Miss Parker. -Loki"

Perspherone cocked an eyebrow in confusion.

                      "Your.....child?" She asked. Suddenly, the wind began to pick up, blowing Perspherone's hair around violently. She ran to the tree, trying to find shelter. Storm clouds began to roll in, pitch black in color. Sleipnir began to run around, scared by the storm.

                      "Sleipnir!" Perspherone shouted, trying to coax the horse over to her.

    Perspherone woke up, her face drenched in sweat. She now knew that Loki had at least one child. But how could Sleipnir help her?