Chapter 2: Impossible?

This is Kane, though his hair is supposed to be a little more rufflied.

http://www.polyvore.com/image_search_results_for_guy/thing?id=40557840

Chapter 2: Impossible?

Jayce's POV

I looked at Dr. Reynolds in shock. It took three heartbeats for me to snort and burst out laughing. “That's hilarious, Doc! But seriously, what's wrong with me?” A feeling of dread washed over me. Somehow I knew he wasn't kidding, but I refused to believe him.

“I'm not joking, Jayce. Look. Here's Baby A and Baby B,” he said, pointing. “Here are their heartbeats.”

I must have still looked shocked, because he said, “You're vomiting and cramps are morning sickness. You're swollen abdomen is just you gaining weight. You shouldn't start showing until next month. With a single pregnancy, the mother will start to show around four months, but with twins...” He handed me some pamphlets after wiping the goo off my stomach. “Here is some information on pregnancy and what you will need to do to stay healthy. And this,” he said, “is the man you need to talk to to find out how all of this is even possible.” He handed me a card with a name and phone number on it.

He scribbled on a prescription pad. “Here. These are your prenatal vitamins. Whoever you tell is up to you. But I really suggest your partner and your parents. They have the right to know what's going on.” He then handed me a picture he had taken of my babies.

I nodded, still unable to speak and walked out to the waiting room where my mom's knee was bouncing up and down and she had practically chewed her fingernails off. When she saw me she jumped up and gave me a hug.

“Jayce, honey, what's wrong? What did the doctor say?”

I looked up at her. “I'm not dying, but it is something serious. Some people would consider it a good thing. I'll tell you when we get home. I'll call Kane and tell him to come over too.”

When I told her I wasn't dying, my mother's shoulders sagged in relief. Though I could tell she was about to burst, she respected my wishes and on the way home, I called Kane and asked him to come over, telling him that it was important.

When we walked in the front door, Kane was right behind us. We migrated to the living room where my dad was watching the news. When he saw my face, he jumped up and walked over to me. “Jayce, what is it? What's wrong?”

Kane dragged me over to the couch and sat me on his lap. I looked up at my family and blurted out, “I'm pregnant!”

They stared at me in shock for a moment until my mom burst into tears. She was having a full out panic attack. My dad's face was red in anger and Kane had no emotion on his face.

“How is this possible?” my dad roared. “You're male!”

“The doctor gave me a card. He said that that man would be able to explain to me what's happening to me.” I pulled out the card I had stuffed in my wallet next to the picture of my babies. “His name is Hank Griffin.”

My mother's face paled. “Mom, are you okay?” I asked.

“He's the man who gave me fertilization shots when I was having trouble getting pregnant. Call him and make an appointment to see him as soon as possible.”

I stood up, pulling Kane behind me, who looked like he was about to pass out. I turned around to face them once more. “Oh, I forgot to tell you. It's twins.”

Kane fell over in a dead faint.

Kane's POV

“I'm pregnant!” Jayce blurted.

My face blanked. Was this a sick joke? Did he think this was funny? I knew that Jayce and his family were talking, but I had practically gone into shock. I was immobile.

I caught a few words. “Card...Griffin...Appointment.” I felt myself being pulled from my current position and was brought back into reality. When we almost to the kitchen, he stopped abruptly and said, “Oh, I forgot to tell you. It's twins.”

Everything went black.

I woke up to bright green eyes staring down at me with worry inside them.

“Kane, are you alright?” Jayce asked.

Everything suddenly came back to me. Jayce's pregnancy and the fact that he was carrying twins. I had fainted.

I looked at his belly and laid my hands on it gently. I then raised my eyes to his. “I'm going to be a father?” I asked with tears in my eyes.

Jayce covered my hands with his own. “Yes. We both are. Wait, well, I suppose in this situation I'm the mother, but since we're both male...”

I kissed his stomach right above his navel. I knew that I wanted children with Jayce, but we were only 18. And it was twins! I looked up and saw the determination in his eyes and knew that I could do this. I would be with him every step of the way.

The only question was: How is this possible? I knew for a fact that he was male.

“Jayce, did you call that doctor?” I asked.

He nodded. “Yes, but he can't see me until mid-March, so about a month. :Kane, I'm really scared.”

I stood up and pulled him into my arms. “I am too.”

“But you're not the one who has to carry them and give birth,” he argued.

“Well, no, but I'm scared of being a father at such a young age. Just remember, I'm behind you one hundred percent.”

He smiled and looked up at me. “Want to see our babies?”

I nodded and he pulled out a picture from his wallet. It was hard to make it out, but the doctor had labeled certain parts of the babies to make it easier. They weren't very big yet and looked like little aliens. It was hard to imagine that they were growing inside of Jayce.

“Oh, God. Imagine what the town is going to say.” His eyes filled with tears and he buried his face in my shirt. “I'm going to be a balloon.”

“Yes, but you'll be a very sexy balloon,” I teased.

He cracked a smile and pulled something else out of his wallet. “I need to give this to my mom. I need to get some prenatal vitamins and I don't want to walk into the pharmacy and purchase them myself.”

I nodded. “Alright. I'll go do that. You just lay down and rest. Are you hungry?” At his nod, I left the room and gave the prescription to his mother, explaining what Jayce needed. I then made his a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of milk and took that up to him.

I found him in the bathroom, washing his face. He was shirtless, so after putting the sandwich and milk down, I took the opportunity to wrap my arms around his bare torso. His skin was soft and smooth. He jumped a little from the unexpected contact, but he didn't pull away. Instead, he leaned over, grabbed a towel, and wiped his face off before turning around and kissing me.

We started devouring each other and we made our way to the bed.

A while later, Jayce was eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwich and drinking his lukewarm milk. He was wrapped in my arms and crumbs were falling onto my chest. When he adjusted his position to make himself more comfortable, I could feel his hardened belly brush my arm.

“Oh, God!” I yelled.

Jayce jumped a foot, almost dropping his sandwich. “What?”

“We didn't hurt the babies did we?” I asked.

He stared at me in shock before he started to laugh. “I doubt it.” He took another bite of his sandwich and snuggled deeper into my side. I wrapped my arm around him, savoring his warmth.