Chapter 3: New Life

“Doctor?” I say as he continuously pressed buttons and pulled levers in the tardis control room. “Huh? Oh yes.”

“Its Strange. I know nothing about you yet I decide to run away with a- a-“

“A mad man?” He smiled. “Yeah. A Mad man, So, Tell me about yourself.” I smile in an interview voice. “Where are you from?”

“You wouldn’t believe it.”

“I was alone on earth…For 365 days, stopped a group of daleks, and I’m in a time machine! I think I can believe anything at this point.” The doctor soughed. “I’m a timelord. From the planet Gallifrey...” I nodded as I listen to him tell me stories about how beautiful Gallifrey was. “Let’s go there.”

“Can’t” He sighed with a deep loss in his eye. “Why..?”

“It’s gone.” The tardis began to shake and rumble, the one thing I disliked about time traveling, and then suddenly stopped. The doctor walked past me and looked out the tardis door. “OH! Lovely, Kimberly come have a look.” The doctor said stepping out. I rolled my eyes; I always hated being called Kimberly and followed him.

There was a huge glass wall enclosing different animals, though they didn’t look like animals, more like human, animal things. The doctor examined each glass cage like a kid in a candy store. “Hey! You’re not authorized to be here. We’ve already had one break in…We don’t need two more.” A familiar voice said. I Turned around to see my old, American, friend Michel Harrison. “Kim? Is that you?!” He said. He looked older. Not a lot just a few years. “How- how’d did you get here?!I haven’t seen you in years.” He smiled hugging me. “It was just left last wee-“

“Time Travel Kimberly, Hello I’m the doctor.” The doctor Whispered in my ear then turned to Michel. “Doctor or not you two still aren’t allowed here.” Michel said firmly. “Yes we are.” The doctor said holding up a small book. “Kim, I didn’t know you were into Evolutional Science…Please. Follow me.” Michel turned around toward some stairs.

“What did you show him?” I look up at the doctor. “Oh, psychic paper. Makes them see whatever I want them to.” He says putting the book back in his jacket pocket. I still remember how strangely amazing I thought the doctor was. We followed Michel down the stairs and into a lobby area where a few people had a man handcuffed to a chair. “Doctor, nice to see you again.” The man said. He was American, wearing a long military coat and deep brown shoes. “Hello, Jack.” The doctor sighed before looking around a bit more. “Got a new companion I see. Whats your name, beautiful.” He said to me

“Kim” I replied, though I couldn’t help but blush. “Oh Just- Stop!” The doctor groaned. “I was only saying hi” Jack Turned back to me. “I’m Captain Jack Harkness and I would shake your hand…I’m just a bit tied up at the moment.” Jack said making me laugh “Pardon me, but who are you!?” A woman said to the doctor. “They’re Ev-Sci’s Presidents.” Michel said. “Yes, Ev-sci..Question what’s ev-sci?”

“Well if you were the president you would know.” A woman snapped then sighed. “The sciences of evolution, One Day the earth’s Atmosphere will change we’re here to figure out if they is a way to still save us. My names Jamie, by the way.” She said fixing her hair bun and walking away. “So, does this gotta do with the government?” I asked. “No, They don’t really know about us. Private studies. That’s why he’s not allowed here.” Michel answered with a clip board in his hand.

“Doctor look, Torchwood has a few questions for these guys…Like that Gilled Humanoid thing that killed four people.” Jack Said. “So, what one was accidentally let loose..” Jamie said. “It killed four people!” The doctor added. “Look I’m not gonna let anyone ruin my studies. Alright? So go back home.” Jamie said before going upstairs.

“Lets have a look around..Shall we?” The doctor said to me extending a hand. “We Shall.” I giggle and took his hand. “Doctor!”

“What is it now Jack?!”

“Um…UNCUFF ME!” Jack yelled. “oh, right.” The doctor went behind the chair and with a few whirls of his screwdriver jack was free. We all began to look around, not sure what we were looking for. Probably trouble. I found nothing except for files. Written results over a trial and error experiment on one of the…things. Michel followed me into the office I found the files. “You look the exact. Same as you did 4 years ago.” He said as he just stared at me.

“Well I’ll take that as a compliment.” I smiled unsure if I should tell him about the time travel thing. Michel laughed and then sighed. “She’s married isn’t she?”

“What..?”

“Aaliyah she’s married isn’t she? I knew I shouldn’t have gone.” Michel had been dating my older sister, Aaliyah, and when he left to come here they did the whole “find other people” speech. “As far as I know..No she isn’t married. I think she’s still hung up on you, but then again I could go back 2 years ago and everything would have changed.” I smile at Michel as he was comforted that my sister hadn’t moved on.

“I- need to go ask Jamie something- Wait here.” Michel said excusing himself out of the room.

“Oh My God- HELP!” I heard Michel scream. The doctor and jack ran by the office door then I followed. We went up the staircase Jamie took and saw her on the ground. The doctor quickly checked her pulse. “She’s alright just out cold” He said. “Um…Doctor, The cages…” Jack said.

She all turned to see the cages wide open the things, gone. The doctor examined a cage. “Its freezing in there no wonder they wanted to escape.”

“It’s the only temperature that kept them alive. 20 degrees.” Michel said. “Doctor. They are loose. What do we do, go find them?!” I say. The doctor turned around. “Well, They’ve already found us.” In front of us were the 5 things that had been locked in cages. Each with a bit of rage gleaming in their eye.