Chapter 1

"Valentina, quick, he's returning." the older woman urged, gently shoving the young woman out of the kitchen.

Valentina, the leader's only child, sprinted out of the kitchen and back to the basement. She curled up in the corner, wrapping the thin blanket around her as the cold air nipped at her pale skin. She waited silently, closing her eyes as she heard his boots hit the ground with each step. The fear was no longer within her, only hatred, the one emotion that could rip someone apart. 

"So can love and rejection." her wolf sounded.

Valentina clenched her jaw, "He's nothing to me." she murmured. 

She snapped her eyes open as the basement door swung open, revealing the rather tall man. He slowly walked down the stairs, counting his money, his eyes filled with a greediness that she loathed. Once he was standing before her, he finally looked up, dull eyes were met with dark ones. Her eyes used to be a bright emerald color, but now they were constantly black, darkened from her rage. Every day, her wolf would claw to get out, to take control. But she couldn't allow it, she couldn't kill him. No matter how much he hurt her. 

"I would be no better than him." she thought to herself. 

"So, have a good night's rest?" he asked, a smirk appearing on his face.

She glared at him, "What do you think?" 

"Hmmm...no. I don't think you did." 

"Congratulations, you've grown some brain cells." she sighed.

He narrowed his eyes, when he grabbed her by the jaw, she didn't wince. She no longer flinched at his touch, she was numb to the pain. Now, she was only fighting to survive, her hope to escape never died out. Not even after many years of rotting in the basement and sneaking around to find some water and a little food.

"I'm not afraid of you, Shamus. You can hit me all you want, but I won't ever fear you again. You can threaten to kill me, it won't scare me. I dream about the day I die. The day I finally join mom and can watch you suffer." she spat. 

He growled softly before slapping her across the face, she smirked as she fell to the ground. She slowly looked up at him, her eyes were shining with a hunger. The hunger to see that anger on his face, to see the defeat. He couldn't hurt her. Not anymore. 

"Is that the best you can do....dad?" she snarled. 

For hours on end he beat her, trying to get her to cry, even if it was silent. However, she only laughed and mocked him, knowing the right buttons to push. She was insane, she knew that much, but years of abuse did that to some people. Her heart was no longer pure, neither was her soul. She was dark wolf, a dangerous one who teetered on the line of becoming feral. She was tempted to give into her monstrous side, to drown herself in the darkness of her wolf. However, she couldn't do that, she couldn't cause pain to him. 

"You care about him." her wolf voiced, sounding somewhat excited.

Valentina glared at the ground, she silently watched the blood drip from her face. "It's the bond, Calypso...nothing more." 

And that was the awful truth, she didn't love him nor care about him. The only reason she couldn't go feral and cause him pain was because of the bond. If she hurt him, the bond would hurt her, make her grovel at his feet for forgiveness. She shook the thoughts from her mind, she completely loathed that man. If she could even consider him a man. 

"He's a monster." she mumbled.

"Compared to your father, he's an angel. You don't know him." her wolf urged, trying to get her to agree. 

"He killed my mother. That is the one thing I can never forgive." she growled. 

A/N: You know how I am with new stories, multiple updates within the first two days lol. 

Please comment!