Chapter 8 - Final Charge

It was at least 2 weeks after the specter conundrum. So far the only thing that was extra ordinary was the piles of homework. So basically this was it for Max, we thought it might all be over, but it was basically the beginning.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was walking to the cafeteria then time just stopped, I was the only person moving, I then saw my Brother and My father standing right in front of me.
I asked," Father?"
Then my brother said," And me too!"
I then gave him a angry " Don't want to see your guts every again" look.
Then my father said," Look Kornach, I'm surprised how your handling Max, but I need to tell you something."
I then said," Go for it, say it."
My Father said," I need you to come home, Max is going to do an attack that might be to tough for you, and might kill you."
It was silent.
I broke the silence," I can't, I feel like I am not done here."
Then my father sighed and asked," Why do you not accept coming back!"
I responded in an irritated and angry tone," Because I feel betrayed by all of you!"
Then my father gasped and said," But we did not!"
I then put my head down and shook my head.
I said," You don't understand, I don't want to leave here, there are people here that actually cares for me."
Then my father got upset then my brother got angry and came over to me.
He said," Kornach, just come home, everything is not the same without you, we need you."
I shook my head and said," I don't even believe we are even related after what you have done."
Then my brother backed off and time came back, my father and brother were gone. I stomped into the cafeteria and got my food, I stomped over to my table. I slammed my tray onto the table. And I put my head in my hands.
Mike asked," Something the matter?"
I said," I don't want to talk about it."
Taylor said," Just tell us."
I then sighed and said," I talked to my father and brother, they basically begged me to come back."
Aria said," Oh, and your angry how?"
I responded in the same tone I told my father and brother," I feel betrayed by them!"
Aria then said," Why are you angry at us for?"
I responded in a calm tone," Sorry, I just feel so mad that I felt betrayed and I hate that feeling."
Then they nodded. 20 minutes later I finished eating and went to the factory without anyone else knowing. I went into the super computer and started a super scan, no towers.
I then said into the mic," Hello Max?"
Then an old lady voice came up," Yes sonny?"
I then said in an angry voice," Max I know it's you!"
Then Max said," Aw you caught me." Then laughed.
I asked," What are you planning, I know it's tough enough that it's gonna be enough to maybe kill me!"
Then Max said," Have you ever heard of a thing called, the Kollasas?"
I then asked," What's that?"
Max said," Check the super computer logs of monsters, I know there is one."
I asked," How do I get there?"
Max said," Type in 'Monster Log'."
I typed it in and saw the info of the Kollasas.
It read," A Kollasas is a huge XANA monster that used a bunch of towers to power it. It's 10 kilometers high. You would be lucky to scratch a dent on it."
I then gave a sick face and asked," Max, you can't be serious."
He then said," Oh yea, I am doing this!"
I then yelled at him saying," You can't! It would mean the end of the earth Probobly!"
Max said," Oh yea I will do it!"
Then I heard a huge stomp coming from the headset. I felt my heart and stomach sank. I Called up Mike, Aria, Tom, And Taylor to get over here.
24 minutes past and they arrived and I told them what happened, they all went wide eyed.  And I got off the super computer so Mike could get in control.
Mike said," So this Kollasas has come before, but to the original lyoko Warriors that protected earth and lyoko before."
I exclaimed," All we know is that they know what to do, they might of written something down on how to defeat that thing!"
Mike started typed rapidly on the super computer, he stopped typing abruptly.
Mike said," I found a video journal like thing here, it's by a kid named Jeremie Belpois."
We all had no clue who he is. Mike then played 1 of them, the Jeremie kid had a brown looking sweater and tan jeans with a streak of blue going down the jeans. Jeremie had blonde hair and had glasses.
Jeremie from the computer said," Jeremie log 12 16 07, today we have defeated the xana monster that we call the 'Kollasas'. The only way to defeat it is to activate a tower in each sector. There is no other way."
Then the video shut off. We all looked at each other in awe.
Mike said," Alright let's get going on those towers, were to first?"
I suggested," Forest?"
The others nodded. Then nodded myself. Mike nodded to us, we started heading to the scanners.
Taylor, Tom, and Aria went first.
Mike said," Transfer Taylor, Transfer Tom, Transfer Aria, Scanner Taylor, Scanner Tom, Scanner Aria, VIRTUALIZATION."
Then the scanners opened and then it was my turn, I stepped inside of a scanner and the scanner doors closed.
Mike said," Transfer Ricky, Scanner Ricky, VIRTUALIZATION!"
Then I felt myself going through wires and then opened my eyes. All around me are trees and grass.
I fell from the air and onto the ground greeted by Tom, Aria, and Taylor.
I said," Alright let's get to the tower to activate it."
They all nodded to my idea. We started running over to the first tower. Surprisingly there were no monsters, we arrived to the tower unharmed. Taylor went into the tower to get the tower activated. Then me, Aria, and Tom went into the tower to get to the next sector.
When we entered to tower I said," We should be careful in the next sector, Max might catch onto our plan."
The others nodded while Taylor was floating down. We got to the edge of the base and jumped into the void, then we were traveling through data. We started floating up to the base which looked the same as the last one, the lyoko logo. We landed onto the base.
I said," I have a feeling that we should get our weapons ready, we need to be careful!"
Taylor said as she got her bow ready," You should go first Ricky, you got a sword!"
I nodded as Tom got his spear ready and Aria with her nunchucks. I went out of the tower first, it was the mountain sector. I saw purple stone as the ground and floating purple stones in the sky above here, near here, and under us. I did not see any monsters yet. I put my hand into the tower to give the "it's safe" signal. Aria came out before Tom who came out before Taylor, one by one. We snuck over to the tower. When we were on a bridge I saw hornets coming our way.
I yelled," Hornets coming our way!"
Then I grabbed my staff over to the hornets then I heard a whisper in my ear, it was XANA.
XANA whispered," Don't, they are your backup."
I nodded and said," Trust those hornets, they are XANA's."
They put their weapons down. The hornets came over and were behind us, they did not shoot. We started heading for the mountain tower again. Then a tarantula was coming for us, the hornets started shooting at the tarantula. We got our weapons ready and started running towards the tarantula. I threw me my sword at it and used my staff to direct the sword into the tarantula. I then made my sword come back to me, and I put my staff away. Aria run up to the tarantula and flipped swinging the nunchucks around and slams it onto the head of the tarantula. Aria got back, Tom and Taylor synchronized as Tom threw his spear and Taylor shot an arrow at the tarantula at the same time. The tarantula exploded into data.
I said," That was close!"
Mike answered," Yeah, good job Ricky on warning them!"
I responded," No problem."
Then I heard Mike typing rapidly on the keyboard.
We started to the tower then a shot out of know where got Tom. He devirtualized into data.  It was too late for him.
Aria told me," Something shot Tom."
I replied as we were running to the tower," Max must know what we are doing!"
Aria nodded to signal that she understood my plan. We got to the tower and Taylor got in the tower. Aria and I were outside of the tower guarding it. We saw the blue smoke outside of the tower turning green. Then Aria and I entered the tower. We fell down the towers void and lifted up to the next tower. We left the tower 1 at a time with our weapons at hand. We were in the desert sector. Surprisingly there were no monsters, which was not soothing. We went down the towers void to the last sector, the ice sector. We got up to the last towers base and we left weapons at hand, tarantulas all around the tower. One shot at Aria and Aria diverted into data. I gritted my teeth. I got fired up and grabbed my sword then pointed my sword to the tarantula side and started running in a circle to hit them all in a row until they all exploded into data. I was growling and Taylor saw me.
Taylor said,"Ricky, are you ok?"
I then yelled," Why did they have to devirt her!?!?"
Then Taylor asked," Are you in love with Aria?"
I looked at her blushing," Pfffftt no!"
Then Taylor gave me a look saying I am an idiot.
I said," Let's get back to the towers hehe."
Then the Kollasas was stomping over to us. And Taylor shot a bow at it. Didn't do any damage to the Kollasas. The Kollasas looked over at her and a red beam coming from its eyes hit Taylor devirtualizing her as well. I looked at the Kollasas with an angry look.
Mike said," I am bringing you in, its to dangerous!"
I yelled," Never! I don't want to act like a wuss now!"
Mike said," Nobody will call you a wuss because of this!"
I said," My Father and Brother visited me remember! They told me they want me to come back! I told them I am not done here, so I am not leaving until I defeat this thing!"
Mike said," Alright, don't say I didn't give you the chance."
Then I got my sword and staff at hand, I threw my sword in the air and directed the sword with my staff. I threw it into the eye of the Kollasas, which it only had 1 eye and it had the lyoko symbol as the eye ball. It had spiky hair and lava for some reason on its arms.  And it just looks completely weird. Then it looked like it took no damage, so I brought the sword back with my staff. The Kollasas sent another red beam but towards me and I side flipped out of the way. Then my cloud was at my side, I jumped onto it and get my sword ready to impact the Kollasas with it.
I yelled at the top of my lungs," You are going down Max!"
Then I saw Max on the Kollasas should just laughing at me. I then remembered the info I saw on the Kollasas from earlier. You need to activate all four towers to weaken it enough to destroy that.
I then asked as I slowed down and went around the Kollasas to the tower and put my sword down," Is there by chance I can activate the tower?"
Mike said," Maybe, but that's a risk we shall take!"
I said," Alright!"
I went as fast as the cloud can go, I finally reached the tower. I jumped down from the cloud.
I yelled to it," Thanks Pegasus!"
Then I ran into the tower and to the middle of the base. I started floating up to another platform with the same lyoko symbol the base had.
I asked," What do I do know?"
I heard Taylor's voice kick in," Place your hand on the screen in front of you!"
I slammed my hand onto the screen and it scanned my hand.
The screen read," Kornach Urnasa."
Then it disappeared and then nothing happened.
I yelled," What the heck happened!"
Mike said," You just sent me the last of the kill code of Max being Maxified and the end of the Kollasas!"
Then I said," Wait? So does that mean Max is no longer maxified and is on our team?"
Mike responded," Yes, if he would be up to it."
I growled," Fine I guess we could do that!"
Mike said," First you need to be devirtualized."
I asked," What for?"
Mike said," I need to reboot lyoko."
I said," Alright, just one more thing please?"
Mike said," Fine, but make it quick!"
I floated down the tower and exited. I saw my cloud right next to the tower, I jumped onto it toward the Kollasas.
I got close and told Max," Hey guess what?"
Max said laughing," What?"
I said," We won!"
Max scoffed.
I said," Devirt me now Mike!"
Max said," Retreating aren't you?"
I shook my head while being devirted. I woke up in the scanner room. I started to head up to the lab.
Mike said," Ready?"
I said loudly," Let's do this thing!"
Aria then asked," Was it true? Did you lie?"
I said," Uhh?"
Aria said," About loving me? You love me don't you!"
I said," Fine I admit it! I do love you Aria!"
Everybody in the room except for me and Aria said," Awwwww."
Aria said in a calm and quiet voice," Can we forget that, that didn't happen? Can we just be friends?"
My heart sank, I was not happy. I tried to fight back the tears, I did not cry.
I said," Alright."
I started walking towards the super computer to destroy the Kollasas and unmaxify Max.
Mike said," Alright, stop the drama, this is supposed to be a good thing!"
I didn't show any response when I lean on the holomap's base. Mike sighed and then pressed enter. The holomap disappears and the super computer turns off. 2 seconds later the holomap turns back on and so did the super computer. We heard a scanner open downstairs at the scanner room. I gave everyone a look, a signal that I want to go down there alone. They all nodded, except Aria, she just looked away from me. I head toward the ladder down to the scanner. There was a sleeping body in a scanner pod. I stepped in front of it, it was Max.
Max woke up and asked," What happened?"
I replied over him scaring him," Back on earth, no longer maxified aren't you?"
Max asked," C-Cody Smith?"
He looked as old as I was, like a teenager and not an adult.
I shook my head," Nope, I'm his son."
He went wide eyed as he was looking at me, he got up and tumbled out of the scanner.
I asked," You really don't know what you did? Did you?"
Max responded," Sort of, I remember how I betrayed my friends, I was forced and was not in control."
I said," Well, now that your back. XANA's working together thing is now broken."
Max asked," Wha?"
I said," We will fill you in on what happened."
Max nodded as I was carrying him up the ladder.
I put him on the floor and he grunted.
I said," Mike it worked, he is not longer maxified!"
Everyone clapped, except for me, Max, and Aria.
I got onto the lab floor trying to help Max up.
I said," Welp, now that you are saved. We need to get you into Kadic."
Max said," I already am."
I asked," Well because of how long you were gone, you need a new last name, what is your last name as of now?"
Max replied," Its Hopper."
Mike interrupted," I heard of that name before!"
Mike starts to type frantically on the super computer and he loaded up a video.
Mike said," Here is the creator of Lyoko and XANA, Frank Hopper!"
Max and I walked over to the super computer.
Max jaw dropped and said," F-Father?"
I said," Play it."
Mike pressed play on the video.
Frank looked like an old guy but with gray hair, he had glasses and a mustache. Franz was wearing a lab coat.
Franz said," Hello, as you see I am the creator of Lyoko and XANA. XANA was a failed program that turned into a virus. XANA has become sentient and try's to destroy earth by activating towers on a world called Lyoko."
The video stops. I yawned.
I said," I'm tired, aren't you guys?"
Everyone nodded. I then remember and went to a corner with a bag at it. I opened it and everyone was looking at me weirdly.
I said," Since Max doesn't have a official dorm at this moment, we got a sleeping bag."
I pulled a sleeping bag out and Max looked tired enough to not care it's a sleeping bag. We all said night and went to our beds and left Max at the Factory to sleep.