Chapter 6

I was quickly running down the halls, heading for the bridge. I had just got there when i heard chekov speak.

"Communication and transport are inoperative. Sulu, please tell me you have them" I said "otherwise we won't be able to beam them back"

"Kirk and Spock are on their own now" Sulu said, i cursed and punched the wall, ow. I went over and sat at my station. There wasn't much we could do now except wait.

"The drill's been destroyed" Sulu said "I have them"

"Where are they?" i asked, getting up from my seat.

"Kirk is still on the ship, but Spock seems to be in a smaller ship, he's near us, but so is Nero" Sulu replied, i breathed a sigh of relief, at least they were still alive.

"Nero has launched missiles at Spock's ship" Sulu reported

"We have to help him" I exclaimed

"I agree" Sulu said, with a slight smirk. We flew out from behind Titan and too where the two ships were.

"Firing"

We shot the Missiles before they hit Spock, Sulu and Chekov's hands flying over the controls. He was heading straight for Nero's ship, my eyes widened, he was going to crash into it!

"Enterprise, now!" Jim said over the comms, not 20 seconds late did Spock's ship crash into Nero's, i gasped and raced down to the control room. When i got there i saw Jim holding Captain Pike and Spock, i breathed a sigh of relief and went over and hugged Spock.

"Nice timing, Scotty" Jim said, smiling. Scotty laughed excitedly

"I've never beamed three people from two targets onto one pad before" He exclaimed, i gave him a thumbs up.

"Good job, Scotty"

Bones rushed through the door followed by a couple of nurses

"Jim!"

"Bones" Jim groaned under the weight of Pike.

"I got him" bones said, taking Pike from Jim with the help of a nurse. Jim ran out and i followed, we caught up with Spock who had left before us.

"Captain, the enemy ship is losing power!" Chekov said as we entered the bridge "Their shields are down, sir"

"Hail them, now"

"Aye"

Nero's face popped up on the monitor

"This is Captain James T. Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise" Jim said, Spock and me standing on either side of him. "Your ship is compromised. Too close to the singularity to survive without assistance, which we are willing to provided. I quickly turned to look at him. All three of us turned away from the monitor.

"Captain, what are you doing?" Spock asked quietly

"Showing them compassion may be the only way to earn peace with Romulus. It's logic, Spock. I thought you'd like that" Jim said

"No, not really. Not this time" Spock replied

"Same" I said, we were not going to rescue the guy who destroyed my planet.

"I would rather suffer the end of Romulus a thousand times." Nero started speaking, we turned back to him "I would rather die in agony than accept assistance from you"

"You got it" Jim and i said together.

"Arm phasers. Fire everything we've got" Jim ordered

"Yes, sir" Sulu said, and he did. We watched as his ship was destroyed and sucked into the black hole.

"Sulu, let's go home" Jim said

"Yes, sir"

Nothing happened

"Why aren't we at warp?" Jim asked

"We are, sir" chekov said

"Kirk to engineering, Get us out of here, Scotty" Jim said through the comm.

"You bet your ass, Captain" i heard Scotty say. Still nothing happened "Captain, we're caught in a gravity well! It's got us!" Scotty yelled

"Go to maximum warp! Push it!" Jim ordered

"I'm giving her all she's got, Captain!" Scotty yelled again, we kept being sucked into the black hole. Cracks started to appear in the ceiling, the ship was going to fall apart.

"All she's got isn't good enough, what else you got?" Jim yelled,

"Okay, if we eject the core and detonate, the blast could be enough to push us away. I cannot promise anything though!" Scotty exclaimed. I looked at Jim, the glass was starting to crack.

"Do it, do it, do it!" Jim yelled, the cores were ejected and then there was an explosion. It pushed us away! I breathed out, i didn't realize i was holding my breath. Everybody was breathing sighs of relief and even laughing slightly (mainly Jim and Sulu).

~~~~~

"This assembly calls Captain James Tiberius Kirk." The president said "Your inspirational valor and supreme dedication to your comrades is in keeping with the highest traditions of service, and to reflect utmost credit to yourself, your crew and the federation. It is my honor to award you with this commendation." He pinned the medal onto Jim's uniform "By starfleet order 28455, you are hereby directed to report to Admiral Pike, U.S.S. Enterprise, for duty as his relief"

They shook hands and JIm walked over to Pike, who was in a wheelchair.

"I relieve you, sir."

"I am relieved" Pike said

"Thank you, sir" Jim said

"Congratulations, Captain"

They shook hands, i cheered along with everyone else.

~~~~~

"Maneuvering thrusters and impulse engines at your command, sir" Sulu said

"Weapons systems and shields on standby." Chekov stated

"Dock control reports ready, captain" Uhura reported

Jim smiled and looked around.

"Bones, buckled up" he said clapping him on the shoulder. He sat in the Captain's chair and turned on the comm's

"Scotty, how we doing?"

"Dilithium chamber's at maximum, captain" he said through the comm.

"Mr. Sulu, prepare to engage thrusters"

The lift opened and Spock came out, i smiled

"Permission to come aboard, Captain" Spock asked and smile widened.

"Permission granted"

"As you have yet to select a first officer, respectfully i would like to submit my candidacy" He stated as he walked into the bridge. Jim had rose from his chair "Should you desire, i can provide character references."

"It would be my honor, Commander" Jim said with a small smile. Spock nodded, also with a small smile, and went over to his seat. I turned my seat and looked at him, i blew him a kiss and he raised his eyebrow, i giggled and turned back in my seat.

"Maneuvering thrusters, Mr. Sulu" Jim said

"Thrusters on stand by"

"Take us out"

"Aye-aye, captain"