Chapter Four

The rest of the week passed— luckily — without incident. When I got to Chris's apartment after class on Friday, I collapsed on the couch, feeling extremely tired. Sometimes Jeremy was a little too much to handle. Especially when he kept teasing me about Isaac. I pressed my lips together tightly. When he'd teased me about liking Chris I didn't mind because I actually liked Chris, but when it came to Isaac it was awkward and embarrassing. Probably more for Isaac than me, but still. If Chris heard wind of any of this...

            I grimaced. He'd probably be very jealous and try to transfer into our class even though he'd graduated college years ago. At that thought, I smiled. Jealous Chris could be a cute thing...

            Sighing, I closed my eyes, resting my head on the sofa pillow. Chris would wake me up when he got home.

            Or so I thought.

            I wasn't sure how long I was out, but I woke up with a head of cobwebs and bleary eyed.  A blanket lay on top of me and I looked around the room to see Chris sitting on the chair opposite, doing something on his laptop. When he noticed I was awake he grinned at me. "Afternoon, Sleeping Beauty."

            "Why didn't you wake me?" I complained. "I hate taking long naps during the day."

            "You're so cute and quiet when you sleep, I'd thought I'd enjoy it while I could."

            I puffed my cheeks out at him. "Jerk."

            He shut his laptop and set it on the coffee table, coming over to the couch and lifting up my legs so he could sit under them. "You hungry?"

            "I could eat."

            "Not what I asked, Holly."

            "I just woke up. What do you think?" I grumbled.

            He chuckled. "I was thinking we could go out to eat tonight."

            "Like a date?"

            "Like a date," he confirmed.

            I nodded my head immediately. "Yeah! Where? Let's do it!"

            "I was thinking Osaka. Last time we went there was your birthday, right?"

            "Sounds good to me," I agreed. A date? With Chris? Would I ever say no to that? Especially now that we could go out wherever and whenever we wanted to without being afraid of someone seeing us?

            He smirked at me. "Eager, are we?"

            "I don't think I'll ever not be excited to go on a date with you," I told him.

            "Oh, I know."

            I rolled my eyes. Right. I needed to stop accidentally inflating his ego. "It's still early though... someone might come and sweep me off my feet."

            Patting my hand, he climbed back off the couch. "I'm not too worried."

            "So confident," I muttered.

            "I have complete faith in us," he responded, winking at me. "I'm going to go shower and change because I probably smell like chemicals. We'll leave in about a half-an-hour."

            Nodding, I heaved myself off of the couch as well. I didn't feel the need to shower, but I figured I could freshen up. Or at least brush my hair.