Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“People really need to decide who is going to die and who isn’t.” Anya coughed as she tried to suck some air into lungs at seemed to have given up their day job. Forgetting about her wings she tried rolling over onto her back, but at the pressure on the wrong tendons, she ended up on her front instead. “Please Nathaniel, Ezekiel, carry on your pissing contest, I’m fine. I’ll wait till you choose between you.” Typical.

Nathaniel had not being used to being called by his name for a long time now. But he had found he liked the name being formed on Anya’s lips. “Anya, I’ll let you know when we are having a ‘pissing contest’ as you so politely put it. But right now I am much more interested in the fact he was about to use a skin absorbent drug on that note he was about to hand you.” He saw the truth light up in those bronze eyes below his.

“Er, I hate to say this, but he was touching the note and nothing happened to him.” He chose not to reply to that. Instead pushed the blade’s edge closer to the skin, a line of blood blooming along the line the blade created. “You want to tell me where you got that poison from?”

In a split second, he removed his free hand from the muscled shoulder beneath him, fisted his hand and pummelled it into the pretty boys face before him, before pinning him back down by the same hand. “Well, that certainly wiped the smug look off of your face. It was starting to make me homicidal.”

Ezekiel laughed beneath him. “No one said you were subtle did they. You may have cracked my jaw there. Make you feel better did it?” This guy really was too stupid to understand wasn’t he.

“You want to tell me, or are you going to let me have some fun with my blade first?” He dragged the edge a little further into and down the flesh of the solid column of throat under him. “Because I am not really looking for an excuse to use this.” His smile was cold, and he knew it. It was a smile that had made many draw back at a primal fear within them.

“You vamps were stupid enough to create a poison to bring your own people down, you really think we wouldn’t hear about it? Get our hands on the formula? It doesn’t affect angels, thought how that works we haven’t been able to figure out seen as out DNA is similar enough to breed with each other. The half breed proof of that is currently behind you. As a half angel, we calibrated on it only knocking her out, by the time she came around, you would be dead and we would be gone. I have gained more than just glamour since we last went a few rounds. I doubt you’d beat me now.”

“You sound so sure off yourself. Yet I still managed to take you down without much effort. You really must have an extremely big ego for that to belief to have ingrained itself so much that you believe it.” He made a sound of pity. “It will almost be a shame that your self-belief will be knocked off kilter.”

Ezekiel went silent then. At least he didn’t have to listen to the drivel that came out of it anymore. “Anya, in the bottom of the wardrobe is a loose board, lift it and bring me what you find inside. Our guest is about to have an extended stay.” He heard her move, along with the grumbling of what his last slave died of. He had never took the time before to realise what type of person she was. And in the office she had been the ultimate professional even after she had seen him. From some of the notes he had seen, she was intelligent. But he found this irritated to her…cute? Was that the right word?

Maybe it was not the right time to be thinking this, but he did not think she realised she did it half the time. Or if she did, that she was with members of a species who could make out sub vocal murmurs as if it was a shouted conversation.

At the look he saw in Ezekiel’s eyes he leaned down, “don’t even think about it. You even try to touch her and I will rip your arms out of their sockets.” He words made even more lethal for the almost silent and monotonous way of saying them.