twenty-five

the day after madison left.

"i just called jack." nate said with a sigh. i looked up at him as he sat next to me on the couch. his arms wrapped around me and i returned the embrace.

"is he okay? he left here pretty wasted." nate winced and nodded. last night jack drowned himself in alcohol, for fucks sake the kid could barely remember that he could walk. it was funny but sad at the same time.

"hes fine. really hungover and i would just guess that being in that house isn't helping." i nodded and looked down at nate. he was looking at the tv which was playing one of his favorite shows. i didnt like it much, but i loved how entranced it made Nate.

i loved the way he yawned when he was bored, then made the strangest noises after. or how when he's way to into his phone, he will slide a hand up his shirt and basically show everyone the happy trail he's been sporting.

i loved his messy bed head and how he didnt care what either of our breaths smelled like when we wake up, he loved morning kisses. i loved his moans, when he's about to come or when I'm teasing him.

"i love you." i blurted out. nate turns his head up and smiled at me.

"i love you too, baby." he lifted himself up so he could kiss me. he moved his lips gently against mine, and moved so he could have better access to my face.

his hands both cupped my cheeks and i rested mine on his hips. "promise me, if you ever start to feel... nothing anymore-" i cut him off with sitting up so we were eye level.

"don't even talk about that nate." his eyes softened.

his eyes searched mine, from right to left. "it can obviously happen though. just promise me you won't up and leave, talk to me about it." my eyes fell and i entwined my hand with his. my thumb fell on the cool metal of his wedding ring.

"i promise, baby." he smiled briefly and kissed me again. when he pulled away, he looked down at where my thumb was still tracing his ring.

"i love you a lot." then he got up, kissed my forehead and walked to the kitchen.

he rummaged through the many cabinets we had and then let out a frustrated sigh. "al!"

"I'm right here." i replied, pulling out my phone.

"how about we take jack out to a nice dinner? get him out of that house and with people who actually care about him." he stepped from the kitchen and started staring at me. i could feel it so i turned around and raised an eyebrow at him.

"don't you give me sass, alessandra." i only kept my gaze lingering. "you're asking for it, young lady." that made me crack a smile, and set down my phone.

"what are you going to do about it?" i challenged. he smirked and walked over to me, using his hands to peel his shirt over his head. he stood in front of me and put the shirt behind my head, then pulled me to him.

"if you keep doing it, ill have to teach you a lesson." his voice was deep and screaming 'fuck me' and thats exactly what i was wanting at this moment in time. i didnt reply, just huffed and gave him more 'tood.

"thats it." and within seconds he had me thrown over his shoulder.

"nate!" i gasped, putting my hands on his warm skin.

"you're coming with me." i smiled and collapsed against him, listening to his faint heartbeat and feeling his muscles flex.