Chapter 16 Mother and Tequila

Flannery sat on the bench outside with her phone pressed to her ear. Why was her mother calling?

"Mom?" she answered.

"Flannery Moore! Where have you been?!" her mother yelled. "You know who we just received a phone call from?! We just received a phone call from the sheriff of--honey? what was the name of that town? Oh, who cares!--We just got a call from the sheriff of the town you are in staying that you've been attacked! We are your emergency contacts! What is going on?!"

Flannery couldn't believe she was on the phone with her mother! The last time they had spoken was when she told them about her pregnancy.

"I forgot to change my emergency contact information. Sorry for the inconvenience," Flannery said, coldly. She felt her heart ache remembering the way her mother had dealt with her when she had announced her pregnancy.

"The sheriff told us what happened. You can come back home, honey," he mother said. Flannery could hear the greed and condescending tone across the phone and felt her temper grow to dangerous new heights. 

"I can come home? I can come home?!" she yelled into the receiver. "Who the fuck do you think you are?!" 

Flannery stood up from the bench she was sitting on, too angry to continue seated.

"I am your mother! Don't you dare speak to me that way!" her mother replied. Flannery heard glass clinking across the line and knew her mother was pouring herself another drink.

"And I am your daughter! All you've done is use me and now that I'm not pregnant you think I'll come back and let you and the man I unfortunately call father, use me again to what- get rich? How many drinks have you had today, mother?"

She heard her mother gasp and take in a deep breath. Flannery beat her to it.

"Don't you ever contact me again! Do you understand me?" Flannery didn't wait for a response before closing her phone and collapsing on the bench in sobs.

She felt strong arms wrap around her body and a low growl voice shush her and whisper supportive words in her ear.

"I hate her so much," Flannery sobbed into Coult's chest. 

Coult felt his heart break as she sobbed into him. He picked her up and carried her to his truck. What she needed was a good meal and a good distraction.

~~~

Scarlett took a drag of her cigarette and watched as Nolan packed up his rusty old pinto. She liked watching him. He was so dangerous and raw. They had discussed their plan over and over again, making sure they knew how they were going to get Coult to marry her and Nolan to get his hands on the fortune.

Scarlett knew that she was meant for wealth. She had never questioned it. She also knew she was meant for Coult. He didn't get her engine running as hot as Nolan did, but she could fake it.

She flicked the ash off the end of her cig and watched as Nolan came to stand before her.

"You ready?" he asked, looking down in to her eyes and then her exposed cleavage.

"I'm ready."

~~~

"Oh, god! That's so disgusting! Ew!"

Coult laughed as he watched his woman after she had taken a shot of tequila. Her cute faced scrunched up and her entire body convulsed. 

"Bite the lemon!" one of the ranch hands called out.

Flannery bit down on the lemon and savored the bitter flavor that seemed to help the burn that trailed from her mouth to the pit of her stomach.

"I want a beer!" Flannery called out to the male bartender. He nodded and immediately went to grab a glass.

Coult knew his woman was getting a little drunk, but he knew she needed this. She needed a release, and it was whether this or him and he knew she wasn't ready for him yet.

"I'm a little drunk," Flannery whispered in his ear. She had one arm around his neck and her other hand slowly trailed up his thigh. Coult felt his shaft stir and begin to harden.

"Careful, kitten," he whispered back, nipping her earlobe.

Flannery giggled and pulled back. She looked into his eyes and without thinking about all the people in the bar, she pressed her lips to his. 

Everyone in the bar began to clap and some even started to make some lewd comments, but the two of them ignored it.

"What's this, doll? You forgot about me already?" 

Flannery pulled back from Coult and turned to see Danny standing in the doorway with a mock hurt expression on his face. 

"What about our date?" he said, moving forward. Flannery felt so good with the alcohol running through her viens. She tipped her head back a let out a loud and obnoxious laugh. Danny hugged her to him and laughed along with her, both having a deeper understanding that heir relationship was that of a brother and sister, nothing more.

A beautiful red head stepped out from behind Danny and looked at Flannery.

"You are gorgeous," she said, smiling at Flannery.

"Oh my god!" Flannery said stepping forward and throwing her arms around the petite woman. "You are gorgeous! And so sweet! Who are you?"

 The girl laughed musically.

"This is my woman, Emma" Danny said, slipping his arm around her waist and pulling her close.

Gasps were heard all throughout the bar and multiple women turned and glared at Emma.

"Your woman?" Coult asked with a smirk on his face.

~~~~~~~~~

not super long but hopefully I'll get out another chapter tomorrow. Thank you everyone for voting an commenting! You are inspiring me! comment and let me know what you think or what you want more of!!

xoxo!