Chapter 6

Hi Everyone, so sorry for my late uploads I've been kinda busy. So this chapter is not edited and I had a lot of writers block when writing this so please excuse it's crappy vibe. :)

.......................

It’s Monday. Let my troubles begin. I took a quick shower and put on some red distressed jeans and a union jack knit top, along with black combat boots.

I walked to school with determination to look for Riley. I still haven’t heard from her since the bowling thing and I’ve left a lot of phone calls that went straight to voice mail. I approached her locker, where she was slowly taking out her books. She was wearing a white-cropped top with the words PEACE in printed and high denim shorts with black Christian Louboutin pumps. Weird… she usually dresses more reserved.

“Hey,” I greeted, looking up to her face. She was definitely wearing makeup, a lot actually. I put on makeup but its lip-balm just to keep my lips moist and not crack and some eyeliner but that was it. With her 5 inch heels she towered over me; geez how can anyone walk on that? She bowed her head and met my eyes and with a nervous smile, she responded hey.

“Uhm so what happened to you after bowling?” I asked.

“Nothing” she stated.

“Okay. So uhm…” I didn’t know why talking to her was so awkward all of a sudden.

“Look Mae… I’m sorry for being a bit distant from you.” She apologized. Her chocolate brown eyes filled with guilt.

We never got into a massive fight so we never had to do all the sob fests make up crap and as of this moment, I didn’t know how to react. So I stood there completely blank and mute for a few minutes. Until her eyes almost started to look like she was going to tear up any second, probably taking my silence as a sign of anger. I didn’t want to give her a wrong impression so I put a smile in my face to reassure her that I have accepted her apology.

She grinned and we strolled to class side by side. We paced across the blue and white hallways that supported our school team colours. Yeah, our football team the Jet Hawks have a really big impact on the school. Nearly every classroom reinforced the bright blue and white colours around the walls. We even have a massive mural of a blue and white hawk near the entrance.

As we walked I noticed everyone suddenly tearing out of their conversations to gawk at Riley. It felt like everyone was seeing a ‘new’ her. I mean I couldn't blame them she looked like a supermodel today; with her height she can be a model.

Riley seemed to quite enjoy the attention. People we didn’t know started talking to her everywhere she went. It was awkward at first and they were usually just giggling freshman who thrive on popular students. What was so surprising was that Riley got asked by 5 well suitors. Though she accepted their numbers I have a feeling she wouldn't be calling them anytime soon.

I felt a bit sad because Riley hardly talked to me throughout the day. I mean yeah I liked being alone but Riley is my best friend and when I let someone so close to my life I never want them to leave. I've seen and heard stories were young children are inflicted with pain due to the separation of their parents and being a witness of that situation with my cousin I never wanted that to happen to me. It ruined her, she felt neglected and soon turned too depression and well things didn't start looking so bright after her father left. He promised he'll always visit her, but he not once appeared in her life since then and her mother, my aunt, is still too heartbroken to talk to anyone and she drowns herself in alcohol. As for my dear cousin, well all I know is she’s out there cutting herself and doing drugs. I know, I know, how can I sit here and not try to help her? Well she’s already a legal adult and there’s nothing anyone can say to change who she now is, plus I haven't seen her in 2 years. It’s a different situation to me and Riley, but she is like my family.  I probably go into depression if she left.