Chapter 6

The sunlight on my face was a welcome change. I was glad to finally receive the redstone, so I began walking home.

  After I crested the last hill, my castle came into view. I had been so distracted by ending up underground, I hadn’t noticed what I noticed right then.

  That jerk… I thought as I reached into my bag to find all of my items were gone. Directly after the realization, I turned back to Honeydew Inc. and walked back.

***

  “Simon!” I yelled, to be sure I got his attention the first time.

  “Back already?” His friendly voice responded.

  “Where is all my stuff?” I angrily inquired, trying to keep calm.

  “Your stuff? I thought I gave it… Oh! Hang on a minute!” He then turned and strode away, having a nonchalant way.

  I rolled my eyes, waiting for him to return. Ridiculous, it was as if he was oblivious to the fact that I was a powerful scientist, not oblivious as he was.

  “Sorry about that.” He apologized, hanging me a bag that held all my stuff.

  I snatched it from his hands forcefully, showing anger. “Thanks.”

  I could hear him speak as I stormed away. “You’re welcome…”

  My eyes rolled once more. Can’t believe you trust him.

***

  Back in my castle, I sat in front of my computer, checking to be sure I had everything I had left with. It appeared as though I did, so I set the bag down on the chair and walked out of the room.

  My mind was telling me to stop with all of this ‘alliance’ crap, because I couldn’t trust Simon for anything, not even to give me back my stuff after he created this alliance. Maybe it was just best to play it out, and see what happens. I’d just go upstairs and start work on a device that makes robots from animals.

  It would have to connect to the brain somehow, which would probably be through the ears, but I could also have it as a strong wave that can pass through the skull. I’d try that first. So I picked up a few tools, and started working.

***

  After about four hours of working, the sun had set and I had a rough outline of what it was going to look like. I leaned back in the chair, staring at my work; a metal frame, a strong radio wave to pass through the skull, and a switch to turn it on and off. I’d work on a remote tomorrow, because I was exhausted.