Alliance

“Simon?” I began, walking towards Honeydew Inc. “How did Clucky end up in my castle?”

  The orange-bearded man popped his head around the corner of one of the buildings, the one on my right. “Is that that chicken? ‘Cause I let him in. It was quite the brisk day, feathered noisemaker looked chilled.”

  “I rolled my eyes. “He barely ever makes sounds!”

  “Well, he was when I got there.” Honeydew shrugged as he came to my side, standing as tall as my nose. “I told you it was cold.”

  Air escaped my nose heavily in a sigh. “Let’s get this over with. I’m here for redstone, miraculously. Could I borrow some and pay you back later?”

  “I don’t see why not. I’ll just check with Lewis and get back to you. Be right back!” He happily skipped away from me, not realizing that his companion was in the building on the opposite side of the land in which he was headed.

  “Wait!” I called, but he was already too far out of earshot. Instead of going after him, I figured I’d just go ask Xephos myself.

  As I walked into the building, a warm front of air flew over me as I entered. The brisk winter had turned my nose nearly numb, but that all changed now that I was in the warm building.

  “Ah, Duncan! Great to see you! What brings you here? Haven’t seen you in a while.” Lewis’ voice rang through the room.

  “Well, Honeydew was comin’ to tell you this, but he’s… uh… lost.”

  “Lost is he?” He sighed, shaking his head and setting down the mess of wires in his hands. The man stood, walking over to me. His hand extended out to me as to friendly shake my hand, which I gladly did.

  “Yeah, what can you expect? He ran off in the wrong direction.”

  “Oh, I don’t blame him. I was only there a few moments ago. But then I got… uh, tied up in my work.” He laughed along with me, just as Honeydew strode nonchalantly into the room.

  “Lewis!” The red-head began. “I’ve been lookin’ all over for ya! Duncan… oh…” He then noticed I was standing right there.

  “Oh, go ahead. I haven’t told him yet.”

  “Duncan needs some redstone.”

  “Redstone, does he? Why, are you out? Or are you starting a big project?” Lewis inquired, chuckling slightly.

  “Ah, no. I’m fresh out, surprisingly.” I looked out the window to see the sun creeping below the horizon. “Oops! That’s the sunset! I’d better get going.”

  “Nonsense. By the time I find that redstone, it’ll be morning!” The red-coated man walked out of the building, heading toward the center of the land.

  Simon stayed behind with me, and we watched as Xephos disappeared into the coming night.

  “So, Simon, how’s things?” I asked, trying to start the conversation.

  “They’re shakin’. Lewis has been working on some big thing he won’t tell me about.”

  “Oh, is that so? I though he told you everything!”

  “Well, most of the time, sometimes he claims it’s a surprise, but then it never turns out to be that exciting.” He curled his lip into a smile, then looked at me. “How about yourself?”

  “Uh, I just recently found a chicken in my computer room.” I laughed, along with Honeydew. “But seriously, I’ve been working hard on pretty much nothing.”

  “I get it. I don’t do much around here right now. The winter makes it almost impossible to leave the house.”

  I nodded. “That snow you’ve got accumulating in your yard is scary. I don’t have nearly that much!”

  “I might want to do something about that. It’s covering up all of my signs, it’s so deep!”

  I chuckled. “Mine isn’t even up to grass height, yet!”

  “You wanna borrow some of mine?” He remarked, sarcastically.

  “Of course I would!” I said, playing along.

  “Can I get you something while we wait?”

***

  I woke up on a wooden floor, right by the window. My stomach was uneasy, and my head was spinning. The blurred window casing above my head startled me, and I couldn’t even see farther than about three feet in front of me.

  “Whoa, you cannot take in very much, can you?” A familiar voice spoke, the words strung together.

  “What?” I slowly replied, realizing the fact that I was probably drunk.

  “You passed out cold at about midnight!”

  Crap. I thought as I noticed that Honeydew wasn’t even slightly drunk, and I had just embarrassed myself by passing out in front of him! This wasn’t going well so far.

  “Do you want some help getting home? It might just be best if you stay here a while.” The friendly hand of Lewis helped my lightheaded self to my feet, but I couldn’t hold it, so I fell back into his arms. “Yep, you definitely want to stay a while.” Lewis finished, setting me down on the bed that was about a yard from where I fell.

  “Thanks…” I slurred out the words.

  “Oh, no problem. Just stay here until you feel better. But I do agree, you cannot take much, huh?” Xephos laughed, walking over to Honeydew, who was now visible through my drunk eyes. They both left, and then turned to walk up the stairs.

  I then closed my eyes, and drifted to sleep.

______________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Just so you know, this is a collaberation between ukulelegirl6 and I. For the next chapter, go to her page, where it will be posted in Honeydew's perspective. All of my chapters will be in Lalna's POV, so be ready for that.

Best Wishes,

GingerW0lf