Chapter 2: Strange Power

Tema, a human player within the game, had just come back from a mission to receive a strange quest. The quest was made by someone, a girl, asking for Tema by name. This striked curiosity as missions are normally open for everyone, that and the details of the mission were also strange. The girl, Alise, only wanted company towards a location, nothing more. While curiosity was high, Tema didn't see any harm and accepted the quest.

Tema was now walking towards the quest giver Alise. Tema was reading through the quest info again "hmm...well it doesn't specify I need to hunt any monsters...or find anything. And I know it's not a story quest otherwise..." said Tema looking at the title "the title would be in red" Tema shut down the screen "Well...Once I find her I'll know then. So the map says...here" he was lead to a café on the edge of the village and he went inside.

Various other players were sitting and enjoying their food and drink as he scanned round "now to find her. That's the only problem with a name, no description"

"oh...excuse me" he turn to his right to see a girl run up to him "are you the person I asked for?" the girl was a little taller and older looking than Tema. She had long dark-blonde hair which also draped down her chest. She wore a light-brown shirt under a loose-long sleeved maroon jumper with a long dark-red skirt and brown shoes.

The girl spoke again "are you Tema by any chance?" her voice was quite gentle sounding which made Tema blush a little

"yes I am Tema. You must be Alise" Alise nodded

"that's right. Please come this way so we can talk" she took Tema by the hand making him flinch a little as she guided him to a table.

The owner of the café laid down two cups of milk and left them. Alise looked happy at Tema's arrival "thank goodness you replied to my quest...I was worried you wouldn't say yes"

"that's okay" said Tema "May I ask what the quest entails?" she looked a bit fidgety as she twiddled her fingers

"well...it's um. I must be very selfish to ask this of you. I wish to travel to the blue flower garden but...I am scared to go alone"

"so...you just want some company to go with you" she nodded sadly "that doesn't sound selfish at all" 

"So it's okay then?" she said with a smile "thank you"

Tema noted her happier tone but his curiosity peaked "So Alise can I ask something?"

"Yes?" said Alise

"you requested for me by name. Am I alright to ask why? As I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd help someone like you"

"well...I've heard of your name from other travellers. When I asked them, who's the best person to help, they all mentioned a boy called Tema. They said he's a reliable person and always eager to help people" Tema turned a little red as he rubbed his head "I'm sorry...I know it's selfish to ask for a particular person but..." Tema shook his head dismissing her worries

 "no it's okay. In fact...I'm a little flattered. And of course I'll go with you" Alise smiled in relief "so before we start I'm Tema" he held his hand out "nice to meet you"

"nice to meet you too" she grabbed his hand "I'm Alise"

"so which way do we go?"

"well...we leave north from the village and past the thick wood"

"all right then let's go" she nodded and followed after him.

They both walked along the road to the thick wood. Tema was a bit nervous as he looked at his guest "this feels weird" she looked at him smiling making Tema flinch "she must be INPC. She looks and feels...almost natural to a common girl. Wait" she noticed above her was a green health "she even has a health bar? Maybe this a new kind of quest like...an escort quest you find in other games. Hey Alise...If you don't mind me saying so, you seem a little different than the other villagers"