Chapter Three

"This was one of the greatest days that I have ever had!" Ali explains as we begin packing up our things. The sun is currently setting on the water; orange, purple, and pink are swirling through out the sky, creating a masterpiece. This is our sign that it is time to return to grandma's house. I did not intend for us to stay out for this long, that is for sure. So much for just checking this place out.

"I had a lot of fun today with you ladies," Blake proclaims, standing next to Alison watching her every move, which is kind of cute but very creepy at the same time. "Oh I forgot to ask. Are you coming to the party tomorrow that they are holding at this beach?"

"Yeah, we were planning on it," Ali replies, looking Blake in the eye. "Are you going?"

"Of course, all of us are! We should totally hang out!" Blake exclaims, obviously only looking at Ali.

"Yeah that would be so much fun!" She says, smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey, um, I could come pick you guys up on the way, if you would like," Blake offers, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. This guy is completely crushing on my sister! Ali blushes.

"Y- yeah that would be great," she stutters, looking at me and then back at Blake. He smiles. "Is that okay with you, Cam?"

"Of course, Ali!" She smiles at me and sends me a pleased look that says 'thank you.' My eyes wander over to where Joshua is standing behind the group to see him starring at me intensely. I turn away, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Why was he making my react this way?

"Hey, Ali, can I get your number?" Blake asks, hope flooding in his silver eyes. "You know, so I can get your address and stuff. Like, so I can know where to pick you up." Yep, they like each other for sure.

I make my way towards the car, giving the two love birds some space. Suddenly, I get a feeling that someone is following me.

"Can I help you, Joshua?" I pronounce, knowing it was him. I didn't know how I knew, I just had a hunch that it is him.

"How did you know it was me?" He questions, wondering the same thing as I am. I avert my body from the car to him.

"I just had a strong feeling. What's up?"

"Um, I heard you are going to that party tomorrow," he says and I grow slightly suspicious as my heart begins to race. He was standing at least a hundred feet from us. How could he hear that far, especially when we were practically whispering?

"Uh, yeah?"

"I was wondering if you would go with me," he mentions casually.

"I just met you," I say, feeling fairly uneasy about this situation. His body begins to lean in closer to me. "I- I don't k-know..."

He puts his lips next to my right ear and I stiffen.

"Please?" He pleads. I feel his warm breath slide down my neck, causing me to shiver. I nod.

"Sure, I'll g-go with you," I agree and he backs away with a smile plastered on his gorgeous face. What did I just get myself into?

___________________________

"I am so exited for that party tomorrow!" Ali exclaims once we are on the main road to grandma's house. My fists tighten on the wheel and I slightly pick up my speed.  "How about you, Cammy?"

I sigh loudly and pull my borrowed vehicle into grandma's driveway with a sharp turn. Ali holds on tightly to her arm rests on her seat. I bring the car to a quick stop right in front of the garage and put it into park and turn off the ignition. I can feel Alison's gaze on my face and I try my best to avoid it by staring at the steering wheel in front of me. I blink back tears, not wanting any affection from my sister or even worse, Grandma. I shove the driver side door open and scramble out of the seat. I swing my bag over my shoulder and then slam the car door and begin speed walking towards the front door, trying to steer clear from Ali's questions. I feel a hand grab my arm harshly, which causes me to jump and spin out of their grip. I face my sister with fear in my eyes, but I then calm down as I see her face.

"What's wrong?" Ali questions, still holding her hand from when I freaked out on her. There is a lot of things that have happened to me, but I have never told her or anyone else because I did not want to feel their sympathy. "Please Cam, just tell me."

I sigh. " I am just tired of being manipulated by men." I mumble before turning and running inside of the house. The minute I enter the house, I hear grandma's voice and her feet shuffling towards the front of the house. I bolt up the stairs and to my room before she can say anything and slam and lock the door, wanting peace and quiet before I have to face tomorrow.