p r o l o g u e (REWRITTEN)

Cold air hits my skin, my head aches as goosebumps dot my uncovered flesh, and the thoughts of these past weeks go speeding through my mind.

"Maddison?"

My eyes meet the blue of the woman's in front of me.

"I was a friend of your mother's."

I nod as I acknowledge the words I've heard many times today, my lips too dry to speak.

"She told me to look after you."

I look down and silently sigh as I prepare myself for the tears and hugs I've received all day.

"You will come and live with my family and I until you come of an age were you can make your own decisions."

I look up to her as I see a clear expression of nothing, no remorse, no regret, no sadness. Just nothing. A serious tone is heard within her voice as I noticed things about her that don't seem to fit my mother's friends normal portrayal.

I lick my lips and swallow as I prepare to speak.

"You may not know this but it was within your mother's will, I regret that this is our first time meeting but as I was close with Anne you may trust me."

Those were the words that would change my life, I once believed the only person I could trust was my mother and her passing was no accident that I know. So leaving my home in northern England I travel to live a new life in America, with a family I hadn't heard of until that day. The Millers.

Hello! So this is the new and improved (I hope) prologue of Meet The Miller Boys, I am sad to say that I will be changing the name to the not much different, 'The Millers.' Just because I've decided to base the book more on the family in whole than just the boys, but do not fear! Those cuties will still play a big part. ;)

If you want to guess things that might happen in this version of Meet The Miller Boys then please do, inbox me or comment.

Enjoy!

-Niamh