The Cat Burglar

There were plenty of times in your life when you definitely stared death in the eyes. But there were only two moments in your life when you felt utterly doomed:
1. When you got lost in the woods by your house at age 5
2. THIS MOMENT

For a second, you actually thought you'd piss your pants. Your mind went blank. How on Earth were you supposed to get out of this one? You pinched yourself to make sure you weren't having some sort of terrifying nightmare. But you didn't wake up. This was reality. If I get a running start, I may be able to jump out the window. But bolting away from the beast would only encourage it to chase after you. Shiva kept snarling, and her long, sharp claws unsheathed. Her saber teeth flashed, and she ran her huge tongue over her wiry whiskers. You gulped, frozen in place. What now? The gears of your brain ground and whined and shuddered. Your whole body locked in cold petrification. The tiger growled and leaned in towards your face. Perhaps if you stayed completely still, it would assume you weren't a living thing. The last thing you wanted to be was prey, and you prayed that you wouldn't be an entrée for this gargantuan, jungle cat. Backing away cautiously on your knees, you whispered, "You probably don't want to eat me, Shiva. With all the adrenalin in my blood right now, I'd be too gamy." The tiger crouched and unleashed a rumbling roar. You could feel its searing-hot breath on your skin. What makes you think you can reason with a motherfucking wild animal? you scolded yourself. Dumbass.

Lifting your arms as Shiva drew closer, you observed her pupils dilate within her golden irises

Lifting your arms as Shiva drew closer, you observed her pupils dilate within her golden irises. Prey spotted. You had to think FAST! What the fuck did Gio advise? you scrambled to remember. But fear scattered your mind. Thoughts whirled through your head like a tornado. The creature stalked your every move. It growled and waved its tail. She was ready to strike. Your heart dropped, and you choked back a scream of fright. Then, you recalled Gio's words: You'll have to sing to get her to go back to sleep. But what the hell were you going to sing? You weren't aware of Shiva's taste in music! As the tiger put its weight on its hind legs, preparing to pounce, you gasped and jumped backward with your hand raised. Shiva swat at your arm and tore three gashes into your skin. You suppressed a whimper of pain. As blood dripped from the deep scratches, you rolled out of the way when she darted towards you. Slashing at you again, the tiger attempted to disembowel you and missed. Your life depends on your vocal chords, you thought, fearfully.

 Your life depends on your vocal chords, you thought, fearfully