Chapter 2

Beads of sweat rolled down my face as I jolted upright in bed. My bedside clock said 3:47 am in red LED numbers. I wiped the sweat from my forehead, just a dream, I thought. My stomach growled. I got out of bed to get a snack from the mini fridge when a chill ran down my back. Looking down I came to a scary realization, I was still in my bathing suit. I changed into black SOPHEE shorts, a navy blue tank top, and fuzzy boot slippers. I grabbed my cell phone and sent a text to Melissa, Ivy and Logan telling them to meet me by the creek.

                When I got there I waited about five minutes until Ivy popped out of the bushes. She was wearing a Blood Bath Band T-shirt, black sophee shorts and black slippers. She sat next to me, not saying a word. Next to come was Melissa; she was wearing a sea green camisole, blue and white plaid PJ shorts and white slippers. We waited for two minutes and then Logan finally showed up, wearing a white T-shirt and black PJ pants. When I was about to talk, a snap was made in the bushes and then a wolf howl. "Not funny Logan," Ivy snarled.

                "It wasn't me," He retorted. In a split second he turned into a werewolf and dove into the bushes. Ferocious growls and snaps were heard. Only seconds later another werewolf flew out of the bushes. With the sandy colored fur, there was no mistaking that the intruder was, "Blake!" The werewolf turned into a human and rubbed his arm. "I'm fine, thanks for asking." He replied. "Why did you follow me?" Logan added. Blake closed his eyes and took in a breath, "I didn't want you to get hurt. You were leaving at four in the morning; I mean what was i supposed to do?" I looked at the others and they seemed to nod in agreement. I stuck out my hand to help him off the ground and he cleared all the dirt from his gray V-neck and black PJ pants. Nobody said anything for about five minutes and then Blake said, "So why are you guys here?" I squinted my eyes at him, "No Blake, the real question is, why you are here?" His face became shock, but then the expression softened. After taking in a large breath, he said, "My father went here when he was a boy. Then one day he left. He married my mother and they had two kids: Me and my sister. He left when I was three months old and my sister was two. He came back here for an unknown reason, then, disappeared a year ago. Over the past year I've been coming up with a plan to get here. When I had all the details figured out, I told my sister. She thought I was crazy but is sworn to secrecy. It took me weeks but I finally showed up. My mom hasn't found out, yet. She's on a business trip and won't be back for at least a month. Me and my sister were stuck with a 30 year old nanny that could care less if we were home or not. So I hope that answers all your questions." We were speechless. "We should tell him," I whispered. “Tell me what?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                We made our way to the mouth of the cave. “This is it?" Blake asked. "Shut up! You'll blow our cover." Ivy snapped. He mimicked her and she glared at him, the redness of her eyes burned with fury. "Come on just keep going.” Melissa pleaded. Ivy turned back towards the cave and walked in. Once we reached the dead end we saw that not only was the door closed, again, but it was also glued shut. "Great!" Logan exclaimed. "Let me handle this," I said. I pulled out my wand and rubbed the tip along the stream of glue. It lit up and melted away. Logan smiled and pried the doors apart. When we walked in the room the journal was on the stone pedestal just like it had been before we discovered it. Logan grabbed the journal and handed it to me. Then we started to exit the cave. Logan closed the stone doors and kept walking. While we were walking, Blake suddenly grabbed my arm with force and froze like that. "Are you ok?" I asked. He slowly loosened his grip and nodded, "Yeah I'm fine, just freaking out a bit." I laughed, "Yeah so am I, I mean the last time we were in here we got abducted." His eyes went as wide as a fish and I let him squeeze my arm.

                When we got near the werewolf caves, Ivy turned into a bat and flew away. Melissa said her goodbyes and walked off. “I’m gonna hit the hay,” Blake said turning into a werewolf and bounding up the rocks. Logan was about to follow him, but I grabbed his arm. “Logan.”

                “Yeah?”

                “What do you think it was?” I whispered.

                “What do I think what was?”

                “The thing that attacked us.”

                He let out a sigh, “I didn’t get a good view of it. All I saw was a shadow.”

                “I’ll ask Melissa and Ivy later. Bye!”

                “Vivian wait!” I turned around. “Here’s the journal.” I grabbed it and walked away.

                When I got back to my dorm I quietly opened the front door, closed it and tiptoed upstairs. Right as I was about to enter my bedroom I heard footsteps and turned around. There stood Jaxon Hall a tenth grade wizard, "Hey!" he exclaimed. "Sup," I replied. "Go make me a sandwich!" I raised an eyebrow, "What?" Then he fell to the floor and a snore escaped his mouth. After pulling out my phone, taking a picture, and hiding the book under my mattress, I laid my head on my pillow and drifted to sleep.