Moon Creek Adventures: The Shadow Journal

I am Vivian McPhee. I have caramel brown, below shoulder length hair with side bangs, sea green eyes and petal pink lips. I go to Moon Creek Academy, a magical boarding school on an island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I attend school there with my three best friends, Ivy Blood (vampire), Logan Hare (werewolf) and Melissa Waters (mermaid) and I am a wizard.

                I met Ivy when I first came to Moon Creek Academy in second grade. She was sitting alone at the lunch table, sucking cheese out of every macaroni noodle. I sat next to her because at the time I had no friends. With a quick movement she bent my neck to the perfect blood sucking position. My little seven year old eyes went wide in fear while she started laughing. She smiled (missing her two front teeth) and said, “I’m Ivy Blood, vampire and cheese lover. What about you?” For a second I examined her, she had dark chocolate brown hair that was cut at mid back and red marble like eyes. Then I replied, “Vivian McPhee, wizard.” We instantly became friends.

                Melissa started attending Moon Creek Academy in the fourth grade. Ivy and I were going to go for a swim at the creek and when we got there we saw Melissa swimming. We tried to avoid her because everyone said she was weird. When Ivy dove into the water she started choking and I was panicking. Melissa came to the rescue. She was a naturally good swimmer because she was a mermaid. She has long wavy blonde hair and eyes that change between blue and green. We obviously became friends.

                Last but not least, Logan. Melissa, Ivy and I were eating lunch in the fifth grade, when Logan thought it would be funny to put werewolf hair in Ivy’s sandwich. He was a werewolf and Ivy was a vampire, just in case you didn’t know werewolves and vampires hate each other (especially Ivy and Logan). Anyway, they got into a fight and were sent to the principal’s office. After that he just kept hanging around with us, somewhat like a stalker.

                Ok, so back to me. My father died when I was six, from a heart attack. The following year, I was shipped out to Moon Creek because I found out I was a wizard. I started at Moon Creek Elementary as a second grader and went there for the rest of my grade school days. After four years, I had finally made it to middle school.             

                It was the first day of sixth grade and it was supposed to be a normal year, but it most definitely was not. The first day started off with a nasty alarm scheduled for 7:00 am. I got out of bed and walked to my dresser. Since it was the first day of sixth grade I decided to pick out something awesome. After about ten minutes I had picked out a black one shouldered top, blue acid washed skinny jeans and black boots with gold buckles.

                Breakfast was at seven thirty so I quickly ran to the cafeteria. If I didn’t make it there soon all of the good food would be gone and I would be forced to eat animal food. Luckily, I snatched the last blueberry muffin from the buffet line and took a seat. Not long after, Ivy joined followed by Melissa and Logan. Logan snarled at Ivy and she hissed back. “Stop! Can you at least try to start of the year on a good foot?” Ivy rolled her eyes and licked her fangs, “I’ll try. I’m not so sure about Mr. Kibbles.” Logan slammed his hands on the table. “I can definitely handle it, fang face.” Ivy huffed, “At least I don’t chase my butt.”

                “I chase my tail, and only in dog form!”

                “Whatever. Fleabag.”

                “Bloodsucker!”

                “Mutt!”

                “Hello?!?!” I screamed. They looked at me and sighed. “It will be a rough year.” They both said in unison. “Oh my god! Look at the time!” Melissa said, scooping up her backpack. “We need to pick up our schedules.” I looked down at my untouched muffin and shoved it into my mouth. “Let’s go!” I said, spitting bits of blueberry onto Logan.