1

"Stop fucking playing with me Aaliyah!"

"Stop fucking playing with my intelligence, like I'm fucking stupid or something!"

"Cause you are"

"Yeah stupid to have stayed with your dumb ass this long!" I yelled, but soon regretted it after his fist had met my face and sent me flying across the room.

"Fuck you just say!" He yelled as he stood over me while I held onto my jaw.

Sad to say this was nothing new to me. Jerome always had a problem with his fucking hands and honestly I was tired of it but I knew if I ever try to leave him he might kill me.

Now don't get me wrong I was far from a weak bitch. I always fought back with every punch he threw. I might not have won any but a bitch was always brawling. I just wasn't prepared to loose my life to his dumb ass.

"You ain't going no fucking where!" He sneered roughly picking me up off the floor.

"I'm getting tired of you putting your fucking hands on me like I'm a nigga!" I yelled as I popped him upside his head.

"Learn to control your mouth when you talking to me then I won't have to whoop yo ass!" He barked back blocking my hits.

"Fuck you! I'm not going hold my tongue for no motherfucker!" I yelled.

I held my tongue for too fucking long. I'm a Leo and motherfuckers are gonna hear me ROAR!

"That's why you always getting your ass beat! Now go make me some fucking dinner"

"Make your own fucking dinner!" I said before grabbing my bag and keys then slamming the door shut.

"You'll be back. You ain't got nowhere else to go" he called behind me.

"It's you don't have anywhere else to go, you illiterate ass Lil boy!" I yelled before jumping in my car and pulling off.

I had been dealing with Jerome no good ass on again off again for about three years now and after two and a half years....things changed.

He started hitting on me once I unknowingly called him out on something in front of his boys. I would never intentionally say some disrespectful shit in front of company no matter who it is. I don't like motherfuckers in my business.

So after I said what the fuck it was that I said...shit I don't even remember, he backhand slapped me with his niggas right there. I defended myself which pissed him off even more because he felt like I bitched him not once but TWICE in front his corny ass friends.

He pounded on me like I had just shot his dog or something. I mean come on now, he's like 6 something pounding on lil ole me!

His boys got him up off cursing and yelling at him about hitting a female, hell one of them looked like they was ready to squad up with him. But nothing happened, except of course I got my ass beat.

It wasn't like I didn't know how to fight either. I was beating bitches up left and right in middle and high school but he had the upper hand.

Just picture a bear and a lil monkey (not saying that I look like a monkey) going at it....my point exactly!

Pulling into the parking lot to my boutique, I parked and got out the car.

"Yo really Aaliyah?"

"Please, Justin I'm not in the mood for it" I replied shaking him off as I made my way to my back office.

"Bitch ya might not want to hear it but you gon to anyway!" He said as he quickly locked the door and followed behind me.

Rolling my eyes I grabbed a ice pack from the mini fridge and held it up to my face.

"Come on now Boogie why you still letting this nigga violate you like that?" Justin asked looking with disbelief.

I shook my head. I honestly didn't have any words. I could not think of any legit answer to his question because there shouldn't be any excuse as to why I'm being treated the way I am.

I deserve to be treated like royalty! Like a queen! Like the conceited, confident, princess that I am, but look at me getting treated like somebody fucking rag doll!

"I'll get it" I finally said after hearing a knock on the door.

Putting down the ice pack I made my way out my office and to the entrance door where someone was waiting....a fine someone.

(Bitch you just got your shit rocked! Get your head right)

"We're closed" I said through the glass.

"But ya sign say open" he nodded towards the open sign that was hanging up.

"And we're still closed" I said smartly.

I didn't know why I was getting smart with the handsome stranger, it ain't like he rocked my shit.

"Listen here ma, you can check the attitude right here right now. Now I'm not the one to be dissing a female but all that head rocking shit you can check that! I'm just trying put some money in your pockets, you don't have to act all stuck in your ways. Smile lil shawty, the night is young"

"I don't have shit to smile about. The store closes at 10:00 pm and it is now 10:01, so we're closed. All I want to do is go home and get in a hot bubble bath but instead all I have waiting for me at home is an ass whooping that I have to fight off almost every night! Now I don't know what bitch you trying to impress but come back tomorrow when we're open"

"You have a lot to smile about you're alive aren't you? All that time you wasted telling me about the store being closed I could've been in and right back out in seconds. As for that ass whooping, that's what you choose to put up with. It's your life, you have the power to change the bullshit you allow yourself to go through. Oh and that 'bitch' I'm trying to impress is my mother, who will never be referred as a bitch by you or any other person who values their life. She is a strong, intelligent black woman who happens to love this lil shop you got going on but I prefer to never come back here again. You have yourself a good night" he said before he walked to his Bentley truck and hopped in.

Ugh me and my big fucking mouth! I swear I never think before I say shit!

"You good out here?" Justin asked coming from the back with his things.

"Yeah I'm good. You're leaving?"

" Yes and you're coming with me. Go get your shit and lockup the place so we can go. And don't argue with me because I'm not talking no for an answer" he said before walking out.

Doing exactly what Justin said, after locking up I followed him back to his place in my car.

I was going to enjoy the rest of my night stress free I hope and hopefully everything will be alright in the morning.

But nothing is ever alright....