Disaster

Hi! Okay so I got the idea to write this from the song "Stole the Show" by Kygo. It has that kind of loss to it and I kinda used that loss as my inspiration.

Greg felt himself zoning out as he looked around, a ringing in his ears as he looked at the ruin all around him. People screamed as they stood in the street, some injured, others bleeding to death as the paramedics struggled to assist everyone. People rushed to assist others, as others tried to find the ones they loved. Greg felt sick, the sudden urge to vomit becoming stronger by minute. He felt someone touch his shoulder, he turned, surprised and saw Sally looking at him and saying something, he tried to make sense of it, but he was too numb to understand. He swallowed as she turned away from him and rushed over to help someone.

Greg closed his eyes, his stomach was doing flips. The sad part was he was in the building when it happened, the shootings. Gunshots rung out, soon people were starting to flood the exits. Greg had stayed still, looking around frantically trying to find a certain person who got stuck in the midst of the crowd. Greg put Sally on the phone, yelling over the crowd, telling her of what was happening. He did his best to help in his state of shock, he had trained for these type of things and to be ready to jump into action when they did happen, but that didn't help the utter shock that came with the disaster.

Greg opened his eyes as everything started to clear, the screams became louder and the cries were suffocating. He took a deep breath and lifted his head, noticing the wetness on his cheeks and wiped his face. He sprung into action as he walked around to help as many people as possible. People still flooded out of the building as the gunshots continued. This had to end. Greg grabbed his gun from his pocket and walked the opposite way of the crowd who was rushing to get out and into the streets, into what they thought was safety. He heard Sally scream behind him and felt someone roughly grab his shoulder.

She turned him around,"Greg, you can't go in there alone, it's dangerous in there and you will get hurt," She said to him.

Greg scowled and snapped,"watch me, Sally."

He turned and entered the building as the last couple people exited, he looked around at the abandoned room, the place looked wrecked. Papers littered the floors, the pamphlets showed a photo of a famous play on the front of each one, showing the night's events that were canceled in an awful and sick way. Greg tightened his grip on his beloved pistol and quickened his pace as he entered further into the building. His footsteps echoed loudly in the halls, making a shrilling noise. Greg sucked in a deep breath at the sound. He continued down the hall slowly.

A noise sounded echoed down the hall, Greg tensed up the sound, tightening his grip and going after the sound. He turned the corner with his gun raised, pointing directly in front of him. What he saw was not what he expected. There was a woman with a child standing there, she jerked to look at him and looked at the pistol in his hands, before grabbing the small child and pulling him behind her. Greg's eyes widened and quickly put down his gun and putting it in his pocket.

"No, no, no, don't worry, I'm here to help, I'm Detective Inspector Lestrade," Greg said quickly and put his gun on the ground before starting to approach. The woman took a urgent step back, looking as if she was about to bolt.

"I want to see ID," she is suddenly," prove it to me."

Greg took his wallet out of his back pocket, making sure to to keep a close eye on the women, he took his ID out of his wallet and reached out to give it to her. She hesitantly took it and looked it over, before reaching over and giving it to him.

"Turn the corner and go down the hall, you will find the exit, now take the kid and go, this is the hands of Scotland Yard now," Greg informed her, she did as she was told going past him to the exit. He sighed and grabbed his gun from the ground, before continuing.