Chapter 2 : A Strange Place

I felt a cold sensation lingered through my body. As I reached down to my feet to try and pull my cover back over me, I realized that I wasn't in my bed. It was really dark and I couldn't see a thing. I was on something solid and moist. I sat up and something fell from my body. I felt the floor, well I didn’t know what I was on, trying to find whatever fell from my body. I felt something rectangular with buttons on the sides. I pressed a button on the side and something lit up and blinded me. It was my phone. I shined the light around me to figure out what is was on. It was black with yellow lines. It was a road!

" Whats going on!" I thought to myself.

I saw a set of extremely bright lights hurdling toward me. I was clueless about how I had gotten to be in the middle of the road. The lights kept getting closer and closer. My heart was racing. I couldn't move or say anything at first. Then I screamed as I finally got up and jumped out of the way of the lights. I saw a little blue car drive past me blowing the horn.

"What the hell!" I muttered to myself. “Where am I."

I still had my phone in my hand and I shoved it in my pocket. I was afraid, alone, cold, and stuck in the middle of god knows where, wearing only thin pajamas and it was below freezing outside. I struggled to get up off of the ground. I started walking down the road, with my hands tucked under my arms trying to keep my hands warm. It was so cold it was hard for me to move and my whole body was aching. I saw more lights in the road in the distance.. I continued to walk in the cold dark night with no light except the light from the moon. I began go dizzy. I saw the lights coming closer in the distance. I duffle over and fell to the ground. My vision was going blurry. I could barely see. The bright light drew closer, and closer, and closer.A door opened to my left side. I struggled to see a woman standing over me.

" Are you okay?" She asked with a worried voice “Don’t fall asleep."

Her voice faded into the darkness.

    I awoke in a bed in a strange, warm room filled with porcelain dolls.  There was a small lamp on the bedside table next to me.  I looked around.  The room had black curtains that would completely block out all light from the room, that's if it was light outside. I got up out of the bed and walked over to the magenta colored door and opened it.  I walked through the door and into a narrow hallway filled doors.  I was sort of creeping around because I didn’t know where I was.  I slowly walked to the end of the hall and peeked below around a corner.  I saw a small red couch in the corner of the room and an amazingly designed blue rug with a dragon on it.  To my surprise a short, brown haired lady probably in her early twenties carrying a picture some liquid appeared in front of me.

I jumped in fear.                        "You're awake, finally.” she said “You’ve been out for three days.” 

“Who are you?” I questioned.  

“Name’s Amelia.”

“What am I doi—”

“I found you on the side of the road unconscious.” she interrupted “You didn’t look in too good of a condition, so I brought you here. The hospitals around here suck!”

“Thanks” I said

“Come sit down.” she said as she walked over to the couch. “Youv’e been out for almost three days. What's your name?”

"It’s umm… it’s… I don't remember. What day is it?" I asked with a questioned look.

"November the eleventh." Amelia said.

" Then I couldn't have been asleep for three days because the last time I checked it was November the eleventh of 2013."

" You mean 2018." she said.