Chapter 1 : School

CHAPTER 1.  School

Bye! I said to my Grandma as I went out the door to the bus stop. As I exited the trailer, a cool breeze slammed against my face. The front yard was covered with a thick, white frost. I was wearing two thick black jackets, a black scarf, black jeans, and a white tee shirt with a skull on the front and I could still feel the air against my skin. It was so cold outside, below 30° Fahrenheit ! The cold wind beating against my face and hands sent chills down my spine. As I was standing there freezing my butt off, I saw my neighbor Blake walk up, he was wearing blue shorts that went just past his knees, a red short-sleeve shirt, and a pair of pale white sneakers. I looked at his shorts.

“Why,” I said “why would you wear shorts in winter?” My teeth were chattering.

"I don't know" he said. “I wanted to.”

I laughed. "Why don't you go home and change before the bus gets here" 

Blake is a completely normal guy from Florida. So, he’s used to  hot weather.

He came back like five minutes later.  Finally. Wearing some sensible clothes. This time he was wearing blue jeans and a long sleeve shirt along with his white sneakers. I saw flashing light in the distance.

 "The bus is here!" I said. 

"Finally," Blake added “she’s five minutes late.”

As Blake and I got on the bus, he headed to the back and I sat up-front with my friend Lennox. She's about 5 feet 3 inches tall, has long, thick, blonde hair with her bangs cut to cover her ocean blue eyes. 

"It’s so cold." I said in a shaky voice.

"Thanks for stating the obvious" she mumbled. She looked down to her phone and                                         started typing. 

"What are you doing?" I asked as my teeth chattered together. "Writing my book." she said in a sweet, creepy voice.

"Which one ?"

"Outcast." She answered.

" Oh." 

Our friend Clair turned around from the seat in front of us.

"What are y'all talkin' about?" She asked.

"Outcast." I said as I laid my head on the back of of dark blue seat in front of me. 

Clair looked at Lennox with a sad look on her face." What'd I do?" she mumbled

Lennox hit my leg and explained to Clair that it was her new book that she was working on. She was already on chapter 27 and she just started it three days ago. I put in my ear a single, broken, cheap, black ear bud and went to sleep. I awoke on the bus with bright sunlight in my eyes. The bus doors opened and everyone started to get off. 

"Hurry up" Lennox exclaimed. 

"Wait a minute. You know I'm always the last one off." I said in a sleepy voice.

I walked off of the bus and almost fell down the steps on my way out. They’re sort of steep. As walked around the front of the bus I looked up at the sun, soaking up all of the heat that I could. It took forever to get into the school. Over 2,500 hormone raged people in one raggedy school. Lennox and I walked into the school together as always.

"See you in first." She said then walk away—we have theatre arts together.

I walked over to my friend Alex, she was mad.. Alex, she has long black hair that covers her right eye, dresses in skinny jeans and colorful band shirts.