Chapter 58

Chapter 58

*2 days later*

**Emily is now back home**

Emily's POV

I woke up in my bed, reaching out for Zayn by instinct. The second I didn't feel him beside me, I open my eyes and he isn't there.

i sit up, rubbing my eyes as I look around for him. where is he?? I sit up and put one of his shirts on and tie my hair up. A paper on the bed-side table catches my eye. I reach out for it and read what it says.

'I'm needed by the management early this morning, didn't want to wake you up and tell you. I'll be home as soon as i can, beautiful. Love you forever - Z'

My heart flutters as I read his tiny note he left for me, how he called me beautiful. It's the most serene and lovely thing ever. I fold the note into half and place back where I found it before getting up and walking over to our dresser.

I pick up the picture frame and stare at the picture of Zayn, Molly and I. 

Molly. I miss her soo terribly much. I can't believe she's gone.

...She may be gone but she'll never be forgotten.

I hug the picture frame, bringing it to my chest with my arms around it. I turn around and see all the toys we bought for her when we went shopping just a day before I took her with me to Brighton. I should have left her with Ed. She'd probably be alive still.

I walk over to the pile of toys in plastic bags at the corner of the room, with the picture frame still on my chest, as tears starts to come down from my eyes. 

I pick up her favourite stuffed bunny that was on the floor beside the bag I took to Brighton and that was when my legs weakened and I feel the waves of lonliness come crashing to me again.

"I'm soo sorry, baby. I hope you forgive me. I miss you soo much, Molly." I cry out to the bunny as I bring the stuffed bunny's forehead to mine.

The door opens but I didn't bother looking up, I just cried there on the floor. The picture frame leaning on my chest and the bunny touching my forehead.

"Oh Emily..." Ed sighs in sympathy as he sits beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as he tried to comfort me.

"I feel soo empty without her, Ed."

"I know Ems, I know. But we have to move on." he says.

"I can't and won't just forget about her!" I frown.

"I didn't mean it that way, we'll never forget about her but we have to let her go." he says softly.

"I'm scared." I admit.

"Of what?"

"..that.. that I might forget about her."

"How about we go downstairs, make a tiny memorial for her. Whatcha say?"

I smile weakly up at him as I nod. "I'd like that for her."

"Let's go then." He smiles as he carries the bags of toys downstairs and I grab all the pictures we have of her, which is not much, and headed downstairs with Ed. Ed was very generous about all this, as we were setting up the tiny memorial for my little girl we talked about stuff.

He told me that if I ever want to be more independent, I should tell him and he'll help me find an apartment and that he'll kick me out of his house himself. There's no need for running away and hiding, I should have done that from the beginning. 

As we were putting on some final touches, my phone started vibrating from my phone. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was a long distant call. Why would someone call me from a different country? I bet this is either Jacob or Justin calling from Canada.

I excuse myself from Ed and walked out to the backyard where I answered the call and pressed it to my ears.

"Hello, Emily Sheeran speaking. Who is this?" I say kindly.

"Hello Ms. Sheeran, This is Cindy from Toronto Children's Aid Society. It has come to out attention the passing of Little Molly. It must have been difficult for you all."

"Yeah... It has." I sigh as I take a seat on the chair.

"Well, the reason I called is that we have called a court order against you and Mr. Malik for being careless with a child." She says. I stand up, my eyes wide open. I cannot believe what's happening right now.

"...You've had the child for less than 2 months and had her killed..."

"NO ONE WANTED HER DEAD." I screamed out. I see Ed's face snap to my direction from the window as I curl my fist into balls, panthing in anger.

"We should have known better and not give the child to two reckless young adults. We thought you were responsible enough to handle such responsibility.."

"Stop it! We loved her like our own!!" I snapped. Ed was now making his way towards me with a concerned expression.

"We expect you and Mr. Malik to fly to Toronto for your court order in 3 weeks."

"Screw you!" I scream as she hangs up.

"Em?" I head Ed whisper from the door.

"Bloody Hell!!!" I scream out loud as I throw my phone to the ground and start pulling my hair, I start pacing back and forth on the deck. I wish it was me who died and not Molly.

"What's wrong?" Ed asks, unsure whether he should come near me or not.

"The bloody Children's Society Aid from Toronto is sueing us for Molly's death!"

"What?! That's fucking insane." He frowns.

"Hell yeah, it is." I huff.

"What's going on?" A voice asks from behind Ed. I look over his shoulders and see Zayn approaching us.

"I'm soo sorry Zayn." I sigh.

I took Molly with me to save Zayn's career, but I made it worse. Now, he's being sued because of what I did. The incredibly stupid thing I did.

"What happened?" he asks as he wraps his arm around me and I bury my head on his chest.

"Toronto Children's Society Aid called Emily.." Ed starts.

"...The place where we adopted Molls?" Zayn asks, raising an eyebrow. "What did they want?"

"They're sueing us." I say, but it came out as a whisper. I feel Zayn tense infront of me as I mentally prepare myself to whatever's about to come next.

 "I'm soo sorry Zayn, I brought this to you.." I start rambling. "i'll go by myself, I'll talk to management and explain if you want me to, I'll even do a---"

"Emily. It's fine.. We're in this together. Always." he says, stopping me while he caresses my cheek. I nod, not trusting my voice further.

That night was horrible. Zayn is currently sleeping under me, my head leaning on his bare chest. They're sueing us because of an accident. An accident no one wanted to happen in the first place.

I loved Molly like she was my own child, I would do anything to take her back. It's unfair how they're blaming us for her death when it was the fire who killed her. A bloody accident..

Let's just how the next month or so goes.

-------------------------

wooooooooooooo. problem is here.

-Sperkstum. :)