FALL

Rain pour was non stop in this city. Well it is definitely chilly than the city I was born and raised in. How I miss my hometown, the weather, the green grass, smiling neighbours, mom and dad..

"Stop it Tay, I mentally smacked myself. Thinking bout them is gonna get you no where. Winning this would. You will make your parents proud remember?" Well at least that was what Andy said.

Smile crept to my face unknown to myself. Andy was a great coach. He supported and trained me to pursue my singing career. Although he had another 5 other protégée like me. But the attention he gave me and the other five participants is definitely different. He usually ask me to stay back in the studio after training. The reason was "my vocal need more training than the other participant"

Well I'm starting to think that maybe it is just an excuse. This is due to the fact that he usually will take me out to dinner where he will ask me all type of questions about myself, none of it related to the competition.

At first I was not comfortable to go out with my own coach. He is a famous artist for crying out loud. There is always paparazzi wherever we go. The other five protégée under Andy is always giving me the look. Too add on, the tabloid is starting to spread rumour about the possible coach-protégée relationship.

But after a while I didn't even care. After all I've been through, I needed someone to talk to and take my mind off things. Andy had been a great distraction and of course the best coach I can ever ask for. Next week would be the first pre-elimination round. After the ballots, I was the one to go first for my team.

Well at least the first round I would be singing with my coach. That's somehow comforting in a weird way. Since that was the case, Andy insisted I stay back late at the studio to practice his hit "Juliet". Not that I have anything to complaint of. I feel something connect when we sing. It's like I have no reason to care for what the world thinks. It's just the two of us synchronising our tune.

We spend more and more time together.. And I think I'm falling hard for him.

★★★★★★ ★★★★★★ ★★★★

The round was over after a overwhelming round of applauses. Everyone was cheering on us. My legs was threatening to collapse anytime soon. After the whole ordeal, the whole team decided to dine at one of the finest restaurants in Soho. To avoid the paparazzi we decided to take the shortcut path since the restaurant was located within the 500m radius of the stage. When we get there the paparazzi was all over the entrance, so we need to get in through the backdoor.

Finally when we got the seat, the unlucky me was left with no choice rather than sit next to Andy. Damn me and my luck. This is the last thing she wanted the paparazzi to see. But she kept her calm and try to engage in the conversation like there was no tension in the air. Suddenly Blair, the little bitch who was not afraid to show her hate towards the attention Taylor was getting decided to ruin the moment by spilling wine all over her stage dress. Taylor shriek in shock while the wine started to soak and drown in the white material of Taylor dress.

Andy's reflex kicked in and he instantly used the table napkin and wiped of the excess wine on Taylor's dress. All that was caught on camera off course. The next day tabloid all around started to report the news with heading " Mentor-Protegee relationship gets intense" , "Why would you public grope your protégé Andy?", "Taylor sucumbs to Andy", and worst of all "Pregnant Taylor turn down wine!".

My newly appointed agency was getting all kind of call from the media and also the management of the talent show. All this while I tried to avoid Andy as much as possible. I knew it was none of his fault but it is better to stay away from him if I am to get pass all the commotion.

A few days later, the letter came in. The agency had to let me go due to the unsettled dispute on gossips. Further the speculation that me and Andy was an item had violated their rules of competition since there is a tendency of unfair discrimination. Their word not mine.

Now I'm officially kicked out of the same competition that was my parents last wish. Just great. Just then the phone rang again and the caller ID was none other than the "Andy" who just made my life worse than it already is.