Just Kill Me Now

"God, she'll hate me. We just met and I made her pass out!"

"Well, it's not really your fault," A voice said calmly. "You were simply unlocking her precious potential." The voice seemed as if it were coming from a middle aged man, and it had a British accent to it.

"I know. I know. But, how did I let you and Dad talk me into doing this? She trusted me and I... I knocked her out. She... She even kissed me."

"When in the name of Talia did she kiss you? You know what your father said about getting emotionally attached to her. Then again, when have you ever listen to you father? Never mind. I don't want to know. If you hadn't she would never have--" I groaned. "She's waking up."

There was a dull throbbing in my head. My hand covered where it hurt the most and I couldn't help but wince at the pain in my head. What had happened? "Vanessa?" I heard a familiar voice. Where had I heard it before? Luca... Luca! My eyes shot open and I sat up quickly. The pain in my head grew slightly more irritating. I had fainted in front of Luca and now I was going to die of embarrassment. Lovely.

"Vanessa?" Luca asked again. Brutus sat next to him.

"What happened...?" I looked behind me and saw my mom staring back at me with wide eyes. She was literally frozen in terror. As in, ice surrounded her from head to toe as if she were an ice sculpture. A scream escaped my throat and I scurried across the floor and stood up to get a better view of my mom. "What did you do?!"

"Vanessa, you don't understand! I had to! If I didn't you could have lost all your powers!" Luca grabbed my shoulders and shook me into calming down. "Vanessa! Listen to me."

I stopped fighting and looked at Luca. "What powers?" Tears were streaming down my cheeks. The complete picture of what had happened finally hit me with full force. What was going to happen to me? What was going to happen to my mother? Who was this guy? Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?

"Magic," As Luca spoke, he even seemed to hate the sound of the word in his mouth.

"You're crazy!" I pushed Luca away and ran to the phone. I went to dial but it was out of service. So I grabbed my cellphone but the same thing happened with that. I faced the door, but when I went to grab the knob it twisted and locked. I pulled on the knob as hard as I could but it was to no avail. I needed to get out of here.

"Vanessa! Calm down!" Luca shouted.

"Just kill me now," I repeated the sentence over and over as I put my back on the door and slid down to the floor. I hugged my knees to my chest and just had a mental break down right then and there.

"I'm not going to kill you. Listen, please. You are not just a normal girl. You are a witch. Sure, it may sound bad now but you learn to love it. I'm one too and if you don't believe me then I will show you some magic," Luca said slowly. I nodded. "Okay, I'm going to make a cat appear. It that okay?" I nodded.

Can craziness hurt?

Luca looked around and the door of the living room opened up. I scooted aside as my dad walked in, took one look at what had happened to my mom, and prepared to scream. That's when Luca snapped his fingers and, just like my mom, he turned into an ice statue.

"Now do you believe me?" I nodded as Luca pushed my dad over to where my mom was.

After several minutes of being in a state of shock, I finally managed to speak a few understandable words. "So, magic does exist? It can't it-it's impossible."

"Well, not really. We can just use the brain to its full potential. Others can't. And, back long-long ago, regular people-- humans-- were forcing the witches to stop using their magic because they wanted to live a normal life. The witches left and found their selves a new home. The witches never did stop, though. They taught their children and their children's children. And so on. Vanessa? Your parents aren't your real parents. They adopted you. You already know that, obviously. Your biological parents were witches. No one ever knew you existed. We had no record of you. So I was sent to tell you. When we figured out about you, that is. My father runs a school. The Academy. Where children from all around our realm come to learn magic." Luca held my shoulders as he spoke to me slowly.