20. Russian Porcelain

MADDIE POV

The phone

vibrated, jerking me awake.

I had to peel my face off my slobbered pillow and wiped the spit from my chin.

Very attractive.

I searched through my blankets and sheets until I found

the phone

and picked up, "Hello?"

A burp was the answer I heard, "Maddie, is...is that you?"

"Yes, Justin."

"Wha...what are you doing?"

I had to

cover up

my mouth so I didn't laugh, "Justin, are you drunk?"

"No...no, I'm just enjoying a little Russian vodka. Nothing too bad."

There was screaming and shouting in the background, "Justin, I can barely hear you." I said a little loudly.

"Okay, hold on."

There was some shuffling and I heard the flushing of a toilet so I assumed he went into the bathroom, "Can you hear me? Maddie, are you there?"

"Yes, I'm here. Where are you?" I looked at the clock and it was ten at night here so it must be seven in the morning in Russia, "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"Please, I haven't gone to bed yet." He hiccupped.

Justin had been in Russia for five days already. It was now Tuesday night and good thing he was gone because I had midterms this week but my last one was tomorrow. After that, I was off for the rest of the week.

He left on Friday and that seemed like so long ago. I wasn't expecting to go to church on Sunday since Jeremy, Pattie, Finn, Justin and Keegan weren't here but Olivia woke me up bright and early, dragging me out of the door with her. It was just Bridget, Olivia, and I in the pew at church and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I hated to say it but I was pathetically missing Justin. What the hell was wrong with me? I've had boyfriends before so why was Justin hitting me so deeply and making it so much harder to be away from him? Thankfully, he called every day, just like he promised he would and I didn't care what time it was, I always picked up.

They would be back tomorrow night so I didn't have to endure these late night calls but I had been doing well so far. I just had to take tests and then I could come back to nap. There was nothing too strenuous to do at school.

"What was all that shouting?" I laid back down on my pillows.

"Keegan, Finn, and I are at a fight club."

"A fight club, like the movie?" I asked, slightly worried.

"Yeah, Keegan just fought this really big Irish dude and almost got his butt kicked. I'm up next. I just wanted to call you first." He hiccupped again.

"Justin, I don't know if I like the sound of that."

"Why? It's fun and I'll hurt like hell tomorrow but I'll sleep it off on the plane."

"Do you even know how to fight?"

He snorted, "Oh Maddie, if only you knew the real me."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I laughed.

"I'll tell you some other time."

Some

part of me