Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Teenage Drama

This is…just weird, to say the least. I can't believe I never saw this before...Oh, Emma..!

I was back at school, sooner rather than later, like I had hoped. I had hoped to get past the “Gossip Group” but obviously, fate had other plans for me right then.

“Oh my god, like, what’s-your-face, was that your baby that just came by when the bell, like, rang?” One girl called across the cafeteria and I swore under my breath. Of course, I’d be caught...

No one ever escapes those curious bitches. I’m still waiting for curiosity to kill them...

Still waiting with my shotgun for his notice to say he is out of town and needs me to do the job for them. I gladly do it, maybe even bring Gabriel so he can have a snack.

I need to stop watching horror movies. I’m getting more morbid every day.

I turn away from the door, my lunch was in my locker and that very salvation was a just a small sprint away. I raise a bow, “Why do you care?” I snap and she huffs, puffing out her nonexistent chest.

“I care, ‘cuz like that baby was like a total cutie and there is, like, no way that he’s yours so, like, I wanna know why he called you his mommy.” She replied, snapping back and I felt everyone’s eyes turn to me.

My grey eyes contrasted my solemn face with their feverish desire to walk out of the spotlight. I was never someone who would crave attention. I wanted it off me. Emily was the opposite, she loved attention and her personality fit her desire perfectly.

Me? Not so much.

“Yeah…he is,” I trail off and dart out of the room, trying to get to my locker as soon as possible so I could eat in the courtyard, away from curious bitches and suspicious and horny bastard jocks.

I was sitting under my favorite maple tree, slowly picking up the rice with my chopsticks and chewing the Asian vegetables and grain just as slowly.  I was in no hurry, and neither was the character in my book.

 I sighed around the food in my mouth, chanced a look at my cell. I turned it on and raised a brow at the five new messages. Scrolling through them, I discovered them all to be from people who I never cared to know. Or even to acknowledge their existence.

For instance:  Dennis, Dennis Washington.

I scowled and all but shoved my phone back in my pocket. The bastard had the nerve to ask me what Gabriel’s name was! As if I’d tell him, I thought angrily and shoved more rice into my mouth. But I bit down too soon and bit down on my tongue.

“Fuck!” I yelped, “Ow, that hurt!”

“Need some of this magic?”

I looked up, I knew that voice. I smiled. “Well, it would look like Superman’s emo twin finally showed up.”

Alexander rolled his eyes and shoved the small vanilla milkshake in my face. He smirked, his green eyes lighting up behind his black bangs. “Shut up and eat, before I decide to pour it down your shirt.”

I smirked as I took it, “You’d enjoy it if it went down my shirt, wouldn’t you?” I teased and Alexander said and shrugged.

“Maybe~” he teased back and I laughed.

I couldn’t help but smile a while longer and just a bit softer when I saw a certain face turn my way. A face with pale amber eyes against skin that had gotten tan from long hours spent under the sun. I saw those very eyes look over my way, filled with something I couldn’t recognize, and I ignored Emily’s “Don’t you dare, Emma… Emma!” and –

I stuck two fingers of each hand up on my head and blew kisses, singing, “Bunny-kisses to the blonde jock across the yard!”

He blushes hard and I smirked, “Dumbass.”

Alexander and I got a good laugh when Dennis had muttered something and walked back inside the building.

It was even funnier, when in AVID, he tried to figure out why I said that. In fourth period, I kept to myself. Alexander wasn’t there, yet unfortunately, Dennis was. He didn’t say a word to me, just kept giving that weird look. Like he knew something I didn’t and what he knew was something important and yet didn’t want to have to keep hiding.

He has a secret, I realized as I drew my cursive across the page of my notes for today. He knows something that concerns me.

I don’t think I wanna know…

“Alright-y,” I said, and looked up at the large school building, waiting for my little demonic child to appear…but for some reason, he wasn’t showing…

Was he in trouble for this morning?

I mean, yeah, he left school during recess.

Big deal, I thought as I tried to look for him again. But he didn’t do anything wrong. Plus he came back!

Technically, I made him but he still came back.

I saw a group of little girls all crowding around something but thought nothing of it. It was probably a puppy someone brought or something.

Emily used to fawn over animals whenever she saw them. Me, no so much, if it was a tiny poodle or ankle biter, but a big dog that looked dangerous or ferocious- you better believe I was adorning every inch of it.

All the other kids, including Emily, would just stare from afar; afraid the big animal would jump and bite their toes off.

I loved them; it would make sense why I love Shiesty so much. She’s huge for her breed, naturally so, no steroids in her. I checked when we got her out of the pet shop, though she was the runt.

“He’s so cute!” I heard a small girl exclaim from the circle and tiny groan as they crowded tighter.

“Your eyes are so pretty!” another squealed, and a louder grunt of effort as someone tried to push their way free from the thick mob of small girls.

“Please,” I heard a soft male voice say. I immediately recognized it and spun, shocked to see a small tuft of spiky black hair among the heads of girls. I scoffed, “Womanizer…” I never would have guessed.

“Please,” Gabriel repeated, “My mother will be here any minute and I want to go home, not be fawned over by petite girls.” Way to turn them down politely, that’s my baby~

“What’s a petite?” a girl asked and tiny sigh from Gabriel. But being the gentlemen I had beaten into him to be, he didn’t ignore her question and answered it.

“What’s your mommy look like?” a girl asked when he finished explaining and I saw him roll his eyes, as his patience started to wear thin. He looked over the small sea of girls and his eyes widened, as a sm