Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Our Demonic New Addition

He can sense it too, lurking in her blood, in her aura, in the very breath she exhales. It's becoming harder to resist getting closer to her.  

He thinks she is his mother, he can't remember his real one and she seems so like he wanted, that he's drawn to her like a moth to flame.  

His memories are going to invade her one day and then she'll see the truth, see what crimes he's committed and how many lives he's ended in the name of satisfying his unending hunger.

I paled as I saw Emily go flying into as brick building, cracking the hard red stones and mortar like it was only paper and dry glue, and had to force myself to keep from whimpering -or moaning as the male demon released a pheromone that would've had me begging for him to fuck me. "I am of a mind to draw out your soul, you smell like you're worth keeping."  

Come on, Emily. Please, I mentally begged but when I heard Lisabeth snap at Emily top get up and fight like she had to, to defend my soul; I realized I was running out of options and time. 

I felt the male demon turn me around so he could get a better angle at the large vein on my neck. I braced myself for the undeterminable amount of pain I'd have to endure if I lived through his devouring of my soul and large intake of my blood. 

But it didn't happen. Instead I heard a snarl and a slushy crack. 

I cracked open an eye and looked up, and saw the male demon staring wide-eyed at something behind me. I gulped audibly, forgetting that was what the blonde chick did before she got eaten by the monster or chopped into little pieces by the serial killer. 

But when I looked at the male demon, I felt my voice break no a scream. His eyes were grey and glassy, skin the color of dry oil. His head was just barely hanging to the remaining skin and tissue on his neck by a very thin square inch. Blood was practically pouring from his mouth as well out of the corners of his eyes. I wanted to piss myself, I was so scared! 

"Don't you dare touch her," hissed a familiar voice and my blood ran cold. That voice doesn't belong to Emily... 

I looked over my shoulder and saw Gabriel, absolutely seething, his hand dripping a thick dark substance that I knew was the now deceased demon's blood. He turned to me, all anger gone. With nothing but innocent concern and worry in his eyes, he asked, "Are you okay, mommy?" 

What the fuck, I thought immediately but my grandmother's voice intruded, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth, now shut the hell up with your whining and eat your peas, damnit! Emily's almost finished, you haven't even started!" 

Good old sweet Gran, I'm almost glad I don't see her anymore, I hate peas. 

"Uh..." I started as Gabriel took my hands and searched for any injuries. "I'm...fine, thank you." I said and he looked at me, still worried. "Do you want me to kill the other lady?" I began to shake my head wildly, when I thought he meant Emily. He frowned and said, "She was the ugly one who used to pad her chest in life so men would come to her." 

She did what now? Oh, by all means, kill her then! "Please, if you would," I tried to say in an old English tongue. I hoped I'd paid enough attention in English and US History to pull this off. 

"I shall return in but a moment, mommy!" he beamed and then he ran in Emily's direction. I heard a surprised shout of anger then an overly sweet demand to move the hell away. After that came a blood-curdling scream of pain and a small feminine gasp. I heard a thump synchronized with loud wails of pain and a few murmured words of Latin then- a large scream in time with a solid boom.