Chapter 25 ~ Gilted Pain

Lucy POV

I could feel it. Natsu's pain. As I lay, unconscious I knew he was hurting and needed help.

My help. 

My brown eyes shot open and I blinked furiously to see where I was. A group of multiple people were over me, hovering over my wounds and scrapes, trying to heal what they could right here in what looked like a field. 

But I couldn't wait for them to finish. 

I sat up and began to chant, "Celestial Gods, grant me your power for a few moments. Allow me to take back what is most precious to me. Celestial God Power, Go!"

Magic power surged in my veins, filling me with a golden glow I didn't know I could have. The pain in my chest and body disappeared and I could hear screeches from others as I began to lift up off the stretcher. I smiled gently down at the faces I did and didn't recognize. "Be ready for more bodies. There is one who will need immediate attention."

Some nodded, others simply stared as I took off in a golden blaze, flying back into the building I had just escaped from. I flew down the steps to the cells and all the way to the door leading to pain. I could hear his screams from beyond the door. 

As I approached the metal doorway, I saw a group of four standing around the door, talking in a hushed whisper. They stopped and stared as I came upon them. 

"Lucy...?" Wendy gaped.

I nodded, "Please move back. I don't want to hurt you. Be ready to be back up, please."

They took a few steps back, still in awe at my new form that consisted of a golden glow and golden dress. 

"Celestial God, Star Blast!" I shouted, and held my palm out towards the door. 

Light surrounded my hand and wrist, before condensing into a solid ball of golden light and shooting a hole through the solid door. 

I floated through the now nonexistent door and towards the screams of my best friend. Byro's laughs stopped as he turned and saw me, his grin dropping into a frown. "How is this... No..." He began to step away from me, dropping the remote as he did, releasing Natsu from the pain of extraction. 

Natsu POV

As the ringing in my ears stopped, the voice of an angel rang out, "Byro, if you wish to live, release him, and never return to Magnolia."

Byro stuttered a response as I blinked to see who was speaking, "How... How is this possible? You are... You're a freak!"

"Maybe so. But you are despicable. And since you won't release him, I'm forced to do this."

I opened my eyes just in time to see Lucy, glowing gold and sparkling in the darkness, outstretching her palm towards the short man and chanting, "Celestial Goddess Star Power, Meteoria Destruction!" 

Byro cursed and took cover under a table while the golden goddess flew up and ripped me from the chains throwing me outside of the large room. "Lucy!" I shouted as I hit the floor with a thud, all thoughts of my current state forgotten as the meteors began to rain from the sky and cave the large base in on itself. She gave me a soft smile as her glow began to fade. 

I read her lips as she fell from the sky, "I love you, Natsu."

Then the roof collapsed on top of her, blocking my view of her. 

"Lucy!" I screeched so loud my throat yelled in pain. 

Suddenly, I was being lifted by my shoulders, I glanced to see Lisanna and Gray picking me up on either side. Gray cried, "We need to go! Move your legs, Pyro!"