Chapter 16 ~ Expect the Unexpected

Natsu POV

     "It'll be okay, Natsu. We'll find her." Lisanna was currently rubbing my back on Gildarts sofa while my head lie in my hands.

     I let this happen. If I hadn't left her alone in the woods, this wouldn't have happened. I can't believe I left her there to fulfill my own selfish wishes. She's probably trapped somewhere, scared and alone. In a prison cell, trying to act brave but secretly scared to death.

     Why did I have to be the one to piss them off?

     Erza came out of the kitchen holding a cell phone to her ear, "Yes... Yes, okay I understand... Can we do anything?... No?... We can't wait forever... Yes, I realize that. I'm not stupid... Just tell me where they are... Why not?... You can't do this to us. Natsu is freaking out and this is not all about you... Just hurry up." She smashed the end button with her thumb and took a deep breath. "Jellal won't tell me where the base is located at. He knows but he wants us to wait until he gets back. He thinks it's too dangerous for us and-"

     "Oh, Natsu, thank god you're okay!" Mira burst through the front door and pulled me up into an awkward hug around her and her massive baby bump.

     "I'm not okay. I need to get Luce back," I growled. Did they care about Lucy at all?

     Her eyes softened as she looked me in the face, "We will get her back. I won't let them ruin your life again. Neither will Makarov or Gildarts. None of us want to see you go through that again." She curled her lips into a small smile of reassurance, but it didn't help. Nonetheless, I smiled back, trying to convince myself it would be okay somehow.

     A buzz from my phone woke me from my thoughts. I pulled it out of my jacket pocket to find Gray and the private number had texted me. Glancing around to make sure no one was watching, I walked into my old bedroom and shut and locked the door behind me.

     With a shaky hand, I unlocked my phone and read the message from the private number.

From: Private Number

We've been busy, have you?

     My heart rate took off

     My heart rate took off. They had Wendy now too. And it's only a matter of time before they find out about her magic. Her sky dragon slaying magic. This is all my fault... This is all my fault...

I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Wendy and Lucy were both taken by force. And I didn't know where they were nor if I could find them, but I knew I had to save them. Wendy had adopted me as her older brother and I had adopted her as my younger sibling. We were one in the same, on the run, losing our foster parents, trying desperately to find them.

If I knew Wendy and Luce though, they'd be able to hang on for a little longer at least long enough for me to track them down and find them. And no one would stop me this time.