Harry Styles *Homeless Fic*

Harry Styles                 *Homeless Fic*

Walking down the aisle with an annoyed look on your face, you can’t help but sigh. “You know, you didn’t have to come.” You tell your boyfriend, Steven, as he continues to play Temple Run 2 on his iPhone.

He merely shrugs and replies without looking up from his phone, “I came to accompany you, babe.”

You roll your eyes at him and continue to scan the shelves for what you were looking for. Lately you’ve been feeling as though your relationship with Steven is falling apart. Whenever you call him when he’s at “work” you can hear the faint giggles of another woman in the background. When you text him, he always replies with an “I’m busy” or “Sorry, babe, I’m going to be held late at work again.” But, something in the back of your head is just screaming that there’s something wrong—very wrong—with the way he’s acting. And you want to break it off with him, but every time you’re about to, he does something romantic and surprises you.

You’re just about to walk around the corner into another aisle when you see a man stuff a loaf of bread into his coat. You’re about to say something but take a closer look at his attire before you do. His coat is a dark brown color but you can still see stains of dirt on the back and his sleeves, which also have holes. He has on a pair of old, nasty jeans that have holes and tears in them. His shoes have bandages wrapped around them to most likely keep from falling apart. You can’t get a good look at his face, but you can imagine it’s probably coated in dirt—just like his hands.

Now came the tricky part. Do I turn him in for stealing? Or let it go because he has no money and lives on the streets? You think to yourself. After a few moments you sigh to yourself and shake your head, choosing to leave the man alone. You enter the aisle, Steven close behind, and begin to scan the shelves for wheat bread. You don’t really like the stuff but Steven loves it, so you by it just so he won’t annoy you about it.

As you’re reaching up to grab the package of bread, you accidentally knock down five other brands as well. You sigh and look back at Steven, only to see that he’s answering some call and walking away. You roll your eyes in annoyance and pick up two packages and place them onto the shelf and then bend back down to pick the other three, but a pair of hands reaches out and takes them before you can. You recognize the dirty hands and quickly glance up to meet a pair of stunning green eyes. The man stands up and you slowly stand up after him. He’s a good head taller than you, but that’s not what surprises you. No, what surprises you is the cheeky smile he flashes as he hands you the package of wheat bread you had been trying to reach for.

You blush slightly before taking the bread from his hands, “Thanks.” You smile in return.

He only shakes his head, causing his chocolate brown curls to gently sway as he does so. “No problem,” He replies in a deep voice, “You seemed to have needed the help.”

There is something about this man that makes your heartbeat race and causes a warm fuzzy feeling to erupt in your chest and stomach. You’re just about to say something else when the feeling of someone’s arm snaking around your waist catches your attention. You inwardly cringe and groan as you know just who it is. “Hey, babe,” Steven says as he presses a kiss to your cheek, “Who’s this?”

You look up at Steven to see he’s eyeing the man down and sizing him up. You roll your eyes in annoyance, “He helped me get your bread.” You say somewhat bitterly. The man seems to take notice of your tone, but Steven doesn’t.

“Well, thanks, sir.” Steven says as he lets you go once he’s determined that this man isn’t a “threat.”

“It’s Harry, Harry Styles,” He replies in annoyance before looking at you and smiling once more. “And you’re welcome Misses…?”