Chapter Thirteen: Jack & Coke & Pizza

We had reached Virginia and everyone was running around busy getting ready for the performance the next day. I had already done my sound check, so I was just sitting in the bus in my pjs, waiting for everyone else to finish.  I had pulled out m guitar and started to sing.

“This is the start of the end of my life

The questions I have will only be solved with time

But I won’t wait quietly I have quite a lot of things to do

Everybody’s growing up around me

But I ain’t got no patience so

Lets have another jack & coke

I’m at the center of a story

But I still got some time to grow

So crack another jack & coke

I try to act like a grownup

I find it doesn’t sit right

Even though I lost my pride

When I tried playing the piano

Not as good as I would like to be

Everybody’s growing up around me

But I ain’t got no patience so

Lets have another jack & coke

I’m at the center of a story

But I still got some time to grow

So crack another jack & coke”

I finished and I sat back on my bunk. I lay back and looked up at the ceiling. I know they said that James was going to cheat on me, but that didn’t mean I was going to break my promise. I took out my phone and dialed his number.

“Hello?” he said. He sounded completely wasted.

“Umm, Hey James,” I said. “You said to call,”

“Victoria?” he asked. I clenched my fists. No. I’m not going to let him do this to me not again.

“Ahh, no,” I said. “It’s…”

“Oh, it’s Amy right?” he interrupted.

“Again no,” I said, trying not to get upset.

“Wait, is this that hot blonde from last night?” he asked. I couldn’t believe him.

“No, actually, it’s Danielle,”

“Oh hey Danielle,” he said, like nothing had happened. “So what’s up?,” It was just because he was drunk that he couldn’t remember me I convinced myself.

 “Nothing really,” I said. “We don’t really start tour until tomorrow,”

“Cool, well I got to go,” he said. “Bye babe,” and he hung up before I could say anything.

“Love you too,” I said to dead air. I knew he had hung up, but I didn’t care. I still loved him. But I thought I loved Niall too. I was so confused. Just then I heard the boys come in. I didn’t feel like talking to anyone right now, so I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

They all came in, sounding like a heard of elephants.

“Hey!” Louis shouted. “Where’s Dani?”

“Dunno,” answered Harry.

“She was at sound check, but I didn’t see her after that,” Liam told them.