Prologue

Gotham city. How to describe it? Normal as any other city? No, I don't think so. Same as Metropolis? No. Metropolis is heaven compared to Gotham... 

The hierarchy in this city is as humorous as a criminal trying to stop a crime. On the top are the filthy rich men, one who conquered Gotham with their blood money, fake contracts and backbiting any competitors in sight. Ok... I must confess. There are some who tried to clean Gotham, get rid of the filth and poverty and breathe light in the city. But each footsteps they take, there'll always be the same amount left behind, for the world has been too corrupted.

Lower in the chain, just below, are the policemen and the civilians. Yes, Policemen are under the rich. This is how the world works. Money. They may try endlessly to keep Gotham safe. It's a life-risking task, fulfilled with lots of sacrifices and tears. But do they get the recognition that they rightfully deserves? No. People living here have too high expectations. There has not been one single day when even a mere thief didn't occur. They ask for protection but fail to realise that it's their mindset that needs to be changed first.

Yes, there are people who tried to help. They tried to stand against corruption. They're knocked down but rises again with hope to see light in hole. But how long will it take for them to have their mouth sealed shut, to be tied down with the heavy chains of corruption and return to their normal life, turning their back on those who are at the bottom of the ladder. Beggars, victims of crime, orphans, stray... They have seen the world from the eye of a no man. Those who are at the bottom of the ladder are not filth. No Sir. They are survivors.

The funnier part is the rulers of Gotham. The evil mindsets who hides in every corner of the city. They are found at the very top of the ladder. They are the ones who rules the hierarchy. Why? Well, they have the power to decide who lives and who dies. They have to power to tear a man's well-deserved future from him, destroy the identity of children by ripping their parents and bring a squadron of policemen into helplessness by taking hostages.

However, two years ago, a person arrived. His identity was known by know but he was known by all. The Batman made it his personal goal to help Gotham, even if it means that he will have to join forces with darkness. Where he came from, who is he, why is he doing this or how is he putting up with the grueling side of Gotham? No one knows. 

He captured the most feared criminals one by one, made Gotham safer and brought hope in people's eyes. A hope that this darkness shrouding our lives can be erased. However the more he sent to Arkham or Black Gate, the more crawled out from nowhere and some escaped, creating a never ending circle of chase.

Where am I in all of this? Oh well. You know those types of person who wishes to do something but has no means. The person who is tied down by fear of their loved ones being threatened during their quest to the better good. And they soon gave up, knowing that they can't keep living with the burden of helplessness. So they directed their determination towards their own future. A better future.

Yups, I am one of the. Susan Maria O'Neil, 20 year old girl who's trying to achieve her life by working in a shoe shop and going on errands for her elderly neighbour who is unfortunately the cat lady. My only dream is to be able to give my 15 year old brother the best life he could ever have, followed by my own goal to finish my studies and become a doctor. Big dreams for a small... -not so small. I pride myself for being tall- girl... woman actually, like me. But as they say, baby steps. And this is my story.

I think I went too deep there... Oh well. You only live once.